ProFTPD addon not working

You are wrong.
The OS is able to handle samba, ftp, nfs etc.
Cheapest hardware - unstable software

Thanks. True. OS is capable, evenolder android. I use this in OMV7-NAS. This machine (AM8 Pro) is stronger than the Himedia Q10 Pro, which works flawlessly… I’d still say it’s the implementation of Coreelec over Android 11…We’ll know more after testing Ugoos Am8 Pro alone on android 11, without Coreelec…

guess or is there evidence ?

Until I do extensive testing it sure is just an educated guess.

I forgot to say that all newtork file transfer was attempted through 2.5G usb to ethernet realtek adapter. I switched to regular ethernet socket and finally, SMB file transfer is steady and uninterrrupted. FTP though, totally not connecting, whatever I tried. Uninstalls/Reinstalls, new several users, all setups. Simply NOT connecting. I can still use smb though, which could work. NOT happy with CE. All this is still guesswork, not tried ugoos software… will do when a little more time available. Not letting this go.away untreated.

Totally legit option. You didn’t buy it so no harm if not used at all.

Regarding FTP: Instead of despise the project why not help and make it better then. We don’t have all possible equipment to test everything. Like 2.5G network (I can only dream about it :rofl: ).

Excuse me, I am old and lost my patience years ago. I sometimes express myself more abruptly and short since time is of essence for me. I never said that I despise the project. On the contrary, I like it and hope for the best of it. If well-performing, I would even pay for it. It is too late for me to learn android so i cannot code these modern languages. On my times, I did program fortrans, cobol, made a few apps in Borland Paradox application language, I am pretty used to modding simple things (apps, scripts) where guides exist. I even modded my oppo205, diy OMV7 nas, 2.5GBE switches… My provider has 2.5G and 10G but not in my area, so I have infrastructure but not internet that fast, only gigabit. It is enough, since I move files on the internal network fast enough. SO, I also dream of 2.5G internet. Success with the project, testing is all I can do. AND, educated guesswork. Cheers.

Hello again. After todays CE update, ne.aarch64-22.0-Piers_nightly_20240916, proFTPD received an add-on update, to 1.3.8.b.
Guess what, all of a sudden ftp transfer works uninterrrupted. Yay… Thanks, guyz. Cheers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.