Report about Amlogic S905X4 HK1 RBOX X4

no wifi or ethernet
using usb-ethernet to got the dmesg
http://ix.io/4bgn

I have no idea now, I think without being in touch with the hardware it’s not possible. Can you setup a SSH connection so we can connect over internet to the device?

yes, I can arrange ssh connection.
please send me private message.

1 Like

@tomergam can you please make a dmesg from android?
When you boot into Android and insert a USB memory it should be able to write the dmesg to this device.
Maybe command su is needed in console to be able to make a dmesg log. Or somehow by a APP or ADP usb debugging.

yes.I will try tomorrow.

By the help of the user @tomergam it was possible for team CoreELEC to finish up a Amlogic-ne 5.4 generic image where WiFi and JL2xx1 Gigabit Ethernet. Please use sc2_s905x4_4g_1gbit.dtb for this device.

Please feel free to have a short test of the new era CoreELEC image:
CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.arm-20.0-Nexus_devel_20220927092151-Generic.img.gz

Remember: Upgrade from Amlogic-ng to Amlogic-ne is not recommended! Please use another spare boot media to not interfere with the old installation.

2 Likes

HK1 RBOX 1Gb Lan:
lan (JL2101) have the same problem: gets IP by DHCP and disconnects after a few seconds
wi-fi (HK5235f) works
log: https://paste.centos.org/view/a750bf2d

Try static IP, maybe this helps. I guess this JL2xx1 chip is just shi%$§.
Also try with Android if it’s same, if not please make a Android dmesg log.

With static ip the same Up/Down loop.
on android lan worked.

wifi (HK5235f) also have problem - very low speed (on CE19ng) 40-45Mbit cannot play films with big bitrate, but on Android ~200Mbit. I am using external wifi (RTL8821CU), and have ~200MBit on CE.

Ok, I will prepare a new test image tomorrow.

nice, 1Gb lan on X96 X4 works now

This great news. I have a faulty HK1 X1 and I believe HK box quality are very poor. So X96 X4 would be a great alternatives since the gigabit lan works now.

So here a new test version of Amlogic-ne with kernel 5.4.
Gigabit is now working with JL2xx1 chip on HK1 box.

Please feel free to test it:
CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.arm-20.0-Nexus_devel_20220928121048-Generic.img.gz

1 Like

I was happy to come back from vacation today to see the new kernel with potential JL2xx1 support. Unfortunately it does doesn’t seem to be working any better for me. I don’t see the source yet to the other patches for the JL2xx1. It still doesn’t get the MAC, gives a 169 IP or a non working IP.

http://ix.io/4bGQ

I also cannot use ifconfig eth0 up it says resource busy

Yes, much better now. Speed ~780Mbit.
But once per 5-10 min:
[ 710.199172@0] meson8b-dwmac fdc00000.ethernet eth0: Link is Down
[ 710.199346@0] [dhd] CFG80211-ERROR) wl_cfg80211_netdev_notifier_call : wdev null. Do nothing
[ 713.271959@0] meson8b-dwmac fdc00000.ethernet eth0: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full - flow control off
[ 713.272001@0] [dhd] CFG80211-ERROR) wl_cfg80211_netdev_notifier_call : wdev null. Do nothing

will you make changes for ce19 ?

Dump your Android dtb and shared it please, info is in Wiki.

Looks like there exist a few HK1 variations:
internal PHY: 100MBit
external PHY: RTL8211f
external PHY: JL2xx1
external PHY: JL2???

It’s more worse than the other X… devices on market.

It’s definitely not recommended when you want to use CoreELEC to buy such “useless” hardware!!

Here is the one I posted earlier Report about Amlogic S905X4 HK1 RBOX X4 - #76 by emveepee I am running a newer Android build now and will dump it later.

Note that the device and driver itself it “useless” since in Android I can watch live TV for hours, but I agree the vendor support that CE needs is certainly lacking.

I need it raw, not decompiled

I mean useless as we spend and will spend days for getting this item running.
Other, supported hardware by CE just works our of the box and bring quality in the house…

I don’t know how long I am anymore interested at all to get this fixed. When not it will stay at 100mbit or WiFi only…

Ok sorry here you go. dtb.img.gz (18.7 KB)

When the new kernel source is available I would also try to get it going.

I do agree that the HK1 box sucks. Get the X96 x4.