Report about Amlogic S905X4 HK1 RBOX X4

Can you please try it on the Mecool KM6 Deluxe please. My current Mecool M8S Pro have locked bootloader and it can still boot CE from memory card and running great. If KM6 Deluxe can boot CE from memory card just like the M8S Pro, then that’s the box I would buy as it’s Google certified so at least I can get YouTube in 4k with the android part.

1 Like

I will be away until tomorrow afternoon or evening

I using microSD card

Ok, than I found the issue. Try again and test these 4 different dtbs:

Test run today, June 1, 2022

sc2_s905x4_4g_1gbit_v1 works…

powers backup after shutdown. >> Yes

5volt output on USB ports >> yes

5GHz WiFi works >> yes

Stock IR remote work >> NO

Front power LED turn green? >> NO

sc2_s905x4_4g_1gbit_v2

powers backup after shutdown. >> NO

5GHz WiFi works >> yes

sc2_s905x4_4g_1gbit_v3

powers backup after shutdown. >> YES

5GHz WiFi works >> NO

sc2_s905x4_4g_1gbit_v4

powers backup after shutdown. >> NO

5GHz WiFi works >> YES

using the v4, crashes the box (powered off) when trying to ply 4k video. Did not test the other versions.

When each of these versions bootup, the linux code flashes on the left sid of the screen.

2 Likes

Just tried the OS that runs on my HK1 Rbox X4, but the Mecool KM6 Deluxe only goes to the Android recovery screen…

For the remote, download the corresponding remote configuration from the repository (the remote may not be listed by device name, so please compare the pictures) and place it in the root of your SD Card / USB Flash Drive or in ./config once booted.

Ok, I give up… Where is the link that shows the pics?? I see a list with all the boxes, but no pictures to compare. Been years since I last did this, so I am rusty.
This appears to be the correct remote >. remotes/MesonIR/HK1 X3 /

What do I do with these 3 links?? None of them are a downloadable “file”.

No, it´s not your remote
HK1
edit: sorry wrong box

No, you are correct, that is NOT my remote… The HK1X3 is my remote.

HK1 X3

How to get the config file?/
I tried to create the remote.conf file, but did not work…

remote.conf (1.4 KB)
I copied this file that I created to the root of the Configfiles folder.
Ok, just learned (I think), that I can’t use the remote.conf file for my remote. I have to use the rc_maps.cfg, So, more reading.
Any help would be appreciaed.

Meson_IR:
copy KEYMAP file to /storage/.config/rc_keymaps
copy rc_maps.cfg to /storage/.config/

KEYMAP file is in your case the hk1x3 file
The second file is rc_maps.cfg
To download files, right-click on “RAW” => Save as…

There is no “save as”

Your browser should have a save as feature though. Or with curl

curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/CoreELEC/remotes/main/MesonIR/HK1%20X3/rc_maps.cfg -O

Thank you, that worked… Now my stock IR remote works great…

I guess I have a hard time reading and understanding, but finally got it… thanks for everyone’s help.

Kudos to clarkss12 for his contributions that I am sure will be of great value to potential S905X4 purchasers and the CE team going forward.

I have been playing with this device for about 2 days now. Been adding apps, settings, etc. Now when I play a video with a vc1 codec all I get is a black screen , but audio was good.
The first video that I played with this new firmware was the new Jumanji in 4K. Now when I play it I get no video output. The audio output is there but no video.

I completely wiped out the SD card and started over again. Same problem. Strange, the first day all my videos played perfectly.

I had my Android box connected to an HDMI splitter which in turn connects to my AVR which in turn connects to my 4K TV. This setup worked perfectly for two days.

Now I connected the box directly to an input on my TV and the audio passes through to my AVR. Now again this system is working perfectly. I am getting 4K from the video that I’m watching and I am getting Dolby true HD showing on my AVR.

@clarkss12 please try this dtb. I have no idea about the device LED. Maybe you ask the vendor about the android dtb? Did the LED work with ugoos_x4 dtb?

sc2_s905x4_1gbit.dtb (85.3 KB)

Place the file as dtb.img and also in the folder device-trees without rename the file. Then the text on the screen on boot should be gone.