Report about Amlogic S905X4 HK1 RBOX X4

There is no dual boot option for HK1 X4, Vontar X4 et al.

eMMC size: 0x000e8f800000 [64GB]

Existing CoreELEC single boot installation found on eMMC

Renew current CoreELEC single boot installation on eMMC
  Use CoreELEC data from
    [1] current used SD or USB device
    [2] existing backup on current used SD or USB device

[3] Make a backup of current CoreELEC single boot installation on eMMC to current used SD or USB device

Please choose one option? [1/2/3]:

I also just found this phenomenon. Now if I want to use Android, I have to Use the original firmware to refresh the firmware

However, I found that after installing Docker, it can be used as a small server

Yes, docker running under CoreELEC is powerful.

As you found out, when you install CE to the internal eMMC memory, you wipeout the existing Android OS. Only one OS can be installed internally as far as I am aware.

At this time, and probably in the future, the only way to dual boot is by running CE on a microSD card (or pen drive).

Only single boot mode for now. And no ETA for dual mode - if even possible.

Hey guys, I just got a HK1 S905X4 today. Loaded CoreELEC on a SD card and it booted right up.

Everything is working fine except for live TV via HDHomerun. I have to turn off “Accelerate MPEG2” in settings for that to go away.

Please look at pics.

Interesting. Which PVR app are you using? I have never experienced that situation.

I tried both the HDHomerun Client from Zoltan and Zuki’s. It only happens on the ng Kernel. It runs fine on the ne Kernel.

The problem with the ne kernel nightly is that not all add-ons work at the moment. Like Speed Tester, Zuki’s HDHomerun add-on (won’t install using the version for Kodi 20) and IPTV Simple Client add-on doesn’t group channels like previous versions.

…So like everything else in life, you have to compromise.

Im using iptv simple client connected to my enigma2 and it works exactly the same like previously.
It’s settings you probably messed thats why you see difference in groups.

No problems here with HDHR (ATSC 1.0) streams with pvr.nextpvr including from the NextPVR service running on CE on ng or ne. I don’t think it is box related you should open a separate thread with the logs etc.

djp952 doesn’t support Nexus yet which is why zuki is not on ne.

Thanks guys for all the feed back. I’ll keep testing it before I decide if I’m going to use it as my daily.

… Another thing I found out right now is that my 8BitDo SN30 pro doesn’t work with the ne kernel. Works fine with ng kernel.

Thanks for your feedback. Problem is that I don’t see any groups at all. They’re all just bunched into 1 group. I’ll keep testing it.

You got settings wrong in pvr iptv simple or your m3u is in wrong format

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1 group-title=“Tom”, tvg-name=“TVP 1 HD”,TVP 1 HD
http://login:pass@192.168.1.112:8001/1:0:1:3ABD:514:13E:820000:0:0:0:

I was able to make my 8BitDo controller work by changing the driver from Linux to Undev. I also got Zuki’s HDHomerun add-on working.

On a different note, when I use “systemctl restart kodi”, the whole system crashes and reboots. I use that command daily as a cron job. With the ng kernel and Kodi 19.5, the cron job worked like clockwork.

Yes the zuki update for Nexus is out now

After reboot can you post url you get by command

cat /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0 | paste

It reboots into safe mode and it says no such file or directory. I’m starting to think it has to do with one of the pvr add-ons.

Please look at pic.

I have the same problem, wifi (HK5235f) have low speed on CE, but high speed on original Android.
have you fix the problem now? thx~

Are you sure that your X96X4 is the same as the generic ah2 X4’s discussed in this thread? (Vontar, HK1 RBOX, Transpeed, and others that look the the pictures at the beginning of this thread) It may be quite different.