Report about Amlogic S905X4 HK1 RBOX X4

Cool … :).

I just wanted to “associate” turning on/off the TV-Box with turning on/off the fan (USB).
If it’s not possible or very difficult… well… I’ll have to resign myself. It’s not that dramatic either, but next time prehaps I will ask before buying (for a TV-Box that power off USB, like X96 Max alternatives).

Anyway, I bought the Vontar X4 (4/64, Gigabit ethernet) for only €27.28… so… not a bad business at all :rofl: :rofl:

Where do they sell it so cheap? :wink: I might get another one! :blush:

It was on “VONTAR Official Store”, only during some hours some weeks ago.
When I bought (at that price) it I had doubts about if this would arrive or not… but it arrived :rofl:

Normally the price (4/64/Gigabit Ethernet) is around 45-50 €.

If the USB turns off when you turn off the TV-box, it would be almost perfect :wink:

1 Like
  • Buy one of these (available for 40-45-50-55 degrees)
  • Place it at the radiator
  • At its 2 wires,

place some extension wires, which you can take out through the bottom holes of your TVbox
  • “Brake” the continuity of one of the 2 cables that come out from the USB port you have connected the fan (either the black one or the red one - it doesn’t matter which)
  • After this mod your fan will start at the specified temperature and it will stop also at the same temperature (automatically-nothing has to be done by you). According to my expererience it is better to buy one for 40 degrees. The cost is about 0,50-0,60 euros. You should buy type (NO) (Normally Open)

It seems like a fantastic solution for someone handy. It’s not my case :sleepy: . At the software level I handle myself in a more or less acceptable way, but handling hardware… I’m a disaster.
My hands are like having two left feet.

For someone who is good manipulating hardware, cables, etc., it looks like a fantastic solution.

Kind regards

Believe me it is not difficult to do (no soldering required, only to glue (hot glue) it at the radiator)…but I understand your fear.
The next best option is to use what was already suggested to you,

by someone else. That is to use a smart wifi plug. So you can enable/disable it from far away.
Kind regards

hello I am new here and trying to install emuelec on transpeed x4 but recieve massage"failed to start debug-shell services" Can you help me with this

I know nothing about emuelec so can’t help.

I don’t know for certain, but the s905x4 probably isn’t supported by emuelec.

Can you helped me install it. I Tried the last version but not successed. Are there some special configuration settings to do?

See what Shanti Gilbert replied on Discord to a user who had the same problem: “First, try that another SD card, those errors are usually a bad sd flash.

Does anyone switched to aarch64? Tried to upgrade with .nocompat flag but it’s asking me to reinstall android first which I’m lazy to do :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wondering if there is any point to switch? Would I see any speed improvements loading widgets etc? :wink:

Comparing my TV 32bit android to my phone 64bit it’s like day and night if we’re talking about kodi experience :roll_eyes:

We have to reinstall Android on the eMMC to be able to upgrade to CoreELEC 21?

I already have CoreELEC 20 on the eMMC. So we won’t be able to just upgrade to CoreELEC 21?

It is never recommended to upgrade to a new Kodi version just like this. It is told multiple times it’s better to a perform a clean install.

When switch ARCH this is much more important at all.
Any binary addon installed before or restored by a backup will maybe crash the system!

ceemmc was needed to be modified. So if you have done your install before 20230323 it is needed to backup, restore Android, and than install again. You can use the ceemmc backup function for this job:
https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:ceemc_upg#b_booted_from_current_coreelec_installation_on_emmc1

CE-21 Amlogic-ne will need some parts of the device Android system as the message pop up on start point out. Otherwise there will be no media playback possible.

Realised that already :wink:
Super partition is missing for media playback.

@Portisch should we see any speed improvements having aarch64? Not sure if it’s worth fiddling with it… All works great on my setup wigh vontar x4

Does anyone ever got android flashed back to a box after ceemmc with coreelec? Have two of those vontar boxes and non is connecting to pc/laptop. Tried several machines already…

Most probably you must use " NAND Chip Mask ROM Mode" and connect the 2 pins that do that in your TVbox. So find the correct 2 pins to short for your version.

I flashed back android on my HK1 Rbox X4S using amlogic burn tool V3. Toothpick method worked fine for me. If you tried with V2, It does not work on s905x4.