Just started using a cheap S905X3 box, and I’ve been struggling to find a ready-to-go RetroArch add-on for Kodi. Best shot was EmuELEC addon, but it seems to be not maintained anymore, so I thought better make one myself.
For anyone who may be interested, script to build the new add-on and relevant instructions are available here:
Latest version of built add-on zip file ready to be installed in Kodi is available here:
I made it for my personal use, but feel free to suggest improvements and report bugs.
- RetroArch 1.9.14 and selected cores included
- Tested on S905X3 with CoreELEC 19.3
- Setting to stop Kodi service on RetroArch start
- Setting to turn off Xbox360 wireless controllers when exiting Retroarch
- Setting to use remote location (e.g. SMB) as roms folder
- Setting to use TV remote controller (CEC) to navigate RetroArch menu.
- Revisited mali_fbdev context driver source with noticeable quality improvement