S905x Amazon VOD Addon broken

Hi,

Since last update (8.95.6) the Amazon VOD only plays with low framerate and video/audio out of sync …

see details here:

Would be great if anybody could hint me to what I could try to solve that.

Best Regards
Steph

short update on that:

I rolled back the version to 8.95.5 (fresh install) but the problem persists … probably it is related to an update of the videwine library, which happend close after the coreelec update …

still any hints appreciated.

Best Regards
Stephan

Did you try using a lower “max secure” resolution in inputstream.adaptive?
Since the last update of this addon, I also have the problem, that 720p doesn’t work anymore for every stream.
Using 640p is much more stable on my setup, but looks a bit blurry, of course.

Hi, I tried to reduce the secure decoder to 480p but still only 16fps …

cpu load is very moderate ~30%

Best Regards
Stephan

Hi,

in the meanwhile I iterated with the plugin author and in his opinion this is not a problem with the plugin, because when the video starts to play, the plugin is not doing anything anymore. Actually I can confirm that to some extend as I run the plugin on my X86 box without any trouble.

However I found out a couple of more things:

• The situation is most of the times repairable by shutdown and restart. Sometimes it needed a power cycle. Only restarting Kodi did not to help, when I tried it.
  • Normally after reboot the first stream will work without trouble. When stopping the stream and starting it again … this potentially triggers the problem.
  • The failure seems to be triggered by specific types of streams (independent of the set resolution and bandwidth). See details below.

I attach a couple of logflles:

In the 1st log you can see me starting and stopping an episode from Jack Ryan (https://www.amazon.de/Tom-Clancys-Jack-Ryan/dp/B074VGDKLM) like 14x without triggering the problem. Then I start 2x “Der Lack ist ab (Season 4)” https://www.amazon.de/vergesslich/dp/B077ZDHJMW/ref=sr_1_5?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1547844283&sr=1-5&keywords=der+lack+ist+ab
And on the second attempt the issue is triggered and is also observable on all other streams until reboot.

In the second log I 1st confirmed that the problem is gone by playing Jack Ryan 1 time. Everything is fine … Then I Play "Der Lack … " … still fine … Then I play again “Der lack …” … and the problem is triggered again

In the 3rd log I directly play "Der Lack… " and it plays well. Then I Play the same stream again. and the problem is there.

So now it seem I can reliably reproduce the problem. Now the the question would be:

Can anybody besides me reproduce it ? Or has anybody an Idea how get it fixed ? Or any suggestion what I could additionally try ?
I would also adress this in the libreelec forum … but there they explicitely do not support my amlogic box … thats why I am here …

Any comment appreciated.

Best Regards
Stephan

1_log-2019-01-13-20.00.21.zip (83.1 KB)
2_log-2019-01-13-20.19.13.zip (221.7 KB)
3_log-2019-01-18-20.57.48.zip (1.2 MB)