[S905X3] X96Air_P2/P3 4/32GB 1Gbit Lan (How to config)

Sorry if I offended you…

There are three Options for X96 Air:
-2GB+16GB+2.4G Wifi+LNA 100 M (No Bluetooth)
-4GB+32GB+2.4&5.8G Dual Wifi+BT4.1+LNA 1000 M
-4GB+64GB+2.4&5.8G Dual Wifi+BT4.1+LNA 1000 M

1 Like

A classic case of RTFM - I was just putting the .dtb file into the COREELEC partition, and not renaming it dtb.img

Now booting on the X96AirP2 and a different T95 Max+.
Just need to figure out getting the remotes working.

First impressions
Very good
Tried 4K UI to see how smooth it would run - the answer is very responsive, not sure if it’s needed but why not if it’s possible.
Currently using Wifi streaming 4k H265 over SMB and H264 Live TV from tvheadend without issues. No buffering so far.

Decent little box and chipsets.

I’ve always used MCE remotes so I’ve not bothered with the supplied remote.

Hi.

Can you tell me what mod did you do to reduce the temperature?

Thanks.

A combination of:

• 1 mm thick thermal pads per CPU and DDR

• Arctic MX-4 thermal compound

• Drilled bottom plastic plane, following a template.

• Drilled right side of the box to vent out the hot air.

• Soldered the VCC of the fan on the bottom of the baseboard, to an appropriate 5V power source (USB).

• Replaced the box pads with lifted silicon ones, to assure the airflow.

On CE idle (“ondemand” governor): ~42°C

That’s it. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Hi, I have a problem with my external DVB tuner (Hauppauge WinTV-soloHD).
On the X96 Air there is only “Silicon Labs Si2168 #0 : DVB-T #0” in the tvheadend configuration.
I need DVB-C, if I do the tuner in the Mecool 905D box there is also “Silicon Labs Si2168 #0 : DVB-C #0”.
I try the other DVB Drivers (…latest kernel and CrazyCats), with these the card is not recognized at all.
What can I do?

How did you open the X96A around the screen ? I manage to get the bottom plare loose on the back and sides but around the front I fail to get the hooks to disengage.

Two screws under the rubber pads, only at the front “display” side. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

THX, I had removed the ones at the back …

Heh, did the same mistake here the first time… :rofl:
Here’s my “ugly duckling”:

Bottom:

• IMG-20200129-094031

Front:

• IMG-20200129-093900