[S905X3] X96Air_P3

Those temperatures are definitely more acceptable to me too.

A few more pics to show how everything is attached might be useful to others, if available.

1 Like

I posted whole album, just click?

Thanks … I did not realise.

Today I cut a hole the size of the label on the underside of the case.
Turned the device upside down.
Edited the vfd.conf file to both reverse the digits and to turn them upside down also, so the time/temp shows correctly with the device upside down.
Playing a UHD Satellite channel into a FHD monitor (as before) the temp maxes out at 65 C.

My intention is to find a heatsink soon to replace that metal plate that is fitted by default in the device with a better cooler, and I am expecting the max temp to drop to 60 C.
That is my aim … to get the temp during this test to 60 C or below.
It appears I am on the way …

Could you please share it? Could be usefull for someone :slight_smile:

Edit vfd.conf as below

To reverse the order of the digits change the line
vfd_chars=‘4,0,1,2,3’
to
vfd_chars=‘4,3,2,1,0’
Note: The first number (4) does not change - it is colon.
The other four are put in in reverse sequence.

.# 0x01 in first position to put display upside down
vfd_display_type=‘0x01,0x00,0x01,0x00’

The exact entries will likely be different for different displays/boxes.

Thanks to @TheCoolest for the information.

1 Like

I am getting mine in the mail tomorrow, how do you get temp to show? I was looking at VFD files and none of them mention temp.

You can set it in the Addon configuration in Kodi.

Do you have more pics on how you attached fan and how you are powering it? Did you drill holes?

Fix Bluetooth x96 air next NG? Thank

Not ‘fixed’ yet ---- today’s nightly.
It appears the driver for the BT is present
ls /lib/modules/4.9.113/RTL8822CS-aml/8822cs.ko
but some firmware file is absent?

Hopefully the analog audio out on the A/V socket gets fixed also.

1 Like

That is the wifi driver, BT does not require a driver but requires firmware and a binary to inject it and then the system can use it.

Would this be what is required ?

$ ls -l ./rtw88
total 332
-rw-r--r-- 1 user user 150984 Jun 17  2019 rtw8822b_fw.bin
-rw-r--r-- 1 user user 184640 Jun 17  2019 rtw8822c_fw.bin

Move this to Slack and I will try to help resolve this.

2 Likes

@anon88919003 @JohnBoyz
Seller sent me firm if necessary, I pass link and we can try test version when ready, thank you very much.
https://wetransfer.com/downloads/380c522ce569f59a6383fc36884c7b5320200211120233/5b8a27f865351753823364cce67fb2ec20200211120234/aab742

1 Like

Next days sure test version test.

Bluetooth for this device will be added in tonights nightly, thanks to @JohnBoyz for helping to get it working.

4 Likes

Thanks to @anon88919003 I was able to do some tests with BT last night.
I have one Logitech headset (old) which will not pair - does not pair on my Linux install either.
Testing another headset it paired but had troubles staying connected.
Eventually it seemed to sort itself out and stay connected. It had been dropping the audio stream for some reason, but when stopped it stayed connected.
My last difficulty with it last night, which I did not delve into, was a huge delay which of course cause serious lip sync issues.
But for now, the BT hardware is alive.
Thanks again to @anon88919003 for taking the time to deal with this odd hardware in the P3.

Could we all agree to merge topics x96air-s905x3-p3-android-9 and s905x3-x96air-p2-p3-4-32gb-1gbit-lan-how-to-config

or close one of them? I dont think that software-wise P2 / P3 differs anyhow, basically all stuff I read was valid for both. For me they differs more in terms 2/16 or 4/32 etc.

Couldnt we keep just one Air X96 thread, considering for all versions there is ng-kernel?

As owner of multiple X96 4/32 (different board revisions, as I found), its inconvinient watch both thread simultanously :slight_smile:

P.S.: I must wrote some more different text to be able post this to both threads

The hardware is different, and so different solutions need to be found for the problems that arise with the differing hardware.

If the P3 was buried amongst the P2 posts the hardware difference could, and probably would, have been lost.

The fault lies with the manufacturer/seller for not distinguishing the devices in the name … by adding P2 or P3 as appropriate.