S905Y2 supported?

Hi, is S905Y2 supported currently? For example, that cheap stick is on S905Y2:
37%OFF | X96S TV Stick Mini PC TV Box Android 9.0 Amlogic S905Y2 4GB RAM 32GB eMMC BT4.2 4K HD 5G WiFi PK X96 mini smart tv android box

In theory, yes, it should be similar enough to S905X2 in order for it to work.
In practice, I haven’t seen anybody try to run CE on one of these yet.
And things like wifi/bt support depends on whether the driver/firmware for them are available or not.

Well it seems there were some tries: Support added for S905X2, S922X and A311D! with some issues though

That post was made a long time ago, we have come a long way since then, there is a lot more wifi drivers added now, it’s up to you if you want to bite the bullet and get one, let us know how it goes if you do though.

1 Like

I got that Android TV stick equipped with S905Y2 processor but is 2/16GB. No problem running CoreELEC on it except WiFi and BT is not working, I have to use USB Ethernet adapter for network access instead. However I’m not sure the 4/32GB device use the same WiFi/BT chip which might be supported by CoreELEC.

You should be opening a thread in the hardware subforum then so we can assist you further.

Is it able to play Netflix 1080p? As I guess, no? S905X can’t

I wouldn’t know as I don’t own one.

Probably not much/any better than a S905X box.
I’m not sure what clock speeds the S905Y2 runs at, but it uses the same CPU cores as the S905X, so it’s not any faster.

Ok, so I’m sure no 1080p

I own old x96 mini on S905y2 and from what I can remember, it was fine on Coreelec previously. Now, I’m not sure is it still supported? I think I could give it to my parents, but I’m not sure which dtb/build should I try today.

Any advice which version to try now? Support dropped or still alive? I don’t even think latest CE version is required (but nice to have if possible). I can’t see anything related to S905Y2 in download section thought, is it sitll available anywhere?

S905Y2 is G12A family, still supported by CE20-NG Generic image.
Just give it a try, DTBs are included in subfolder (g12a_s905y2_2g.dtb / g12a_s905y2_4g.dtb)

hello
Will this device continue to be supported by Correlec in future years?

https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:ce_dev_cycle#development_status