[S922X] Bee-link GT King

apologies if it has been answered but can this box run CE from SD and Android from internal at the same time (I mean depending on whether the card is inserted or not)? looking for a replacement for my S912 H96 Pro+ and deciding between this and Odroid N2

Yes, it can.

thanks for the quick reply. any particular reason I should get the N2 then? If I understand the specs correctly the advantages of beelink are wifi and the 64gb internal memory with android. I can get both for the same price of approx. €110 (EU)

Apart from hardware differences, N2 is an SBC board which means that it’s impossible to brick it whatever you do/install on it choosing from many OS images.
Then, don’t know if relevant, there is an Android 10 64bit version in development with first test images…

There is a new model Beelink GT-King Pro out with Amlogic S922X-H that includes Dolby DTS.
They eliminated SPDIF audio output (why ?) which is replaced with RS-232 (wtf ?).
Full metal case and more “ventilation” on the side, they indirectly admitted that there is a thermal issue with Beelink GT-King. I don’t know what to comment on that…i’ve already moded mine to lower the temperature from 60 to 45C.

Buying a GT King is a lottery. Maybe you get a fully working one maybe not. Every second month they put different components to it and design a new pcb, I had a dead remote after a short time along with non working lan and wifi. I not recommend it at all.
I think the N2 is still the best you can get with amlogic SoC but their warranty is ridiculous.

It’s a different device for a different audience.

From the last FW update, in Beelink official forum, the users write no more issue with ethernet.
That was the biggest issue on this box.
I think GT-King is recommended now.
I use as main box daily, and no problem with that.
There is no biggest lottery right now, like one N2 with 1 month warranty… The Beelink devs made continuus work in the FW, and on the HW too.
CE devs made a very good work too, fast all working now in this box with CE.
GT-King Pro is littlebit another device. Mini pc instead of TV box or mixed both.

thanks for your opinions everyone

I use GT-King B922 CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-nightly_20191001-Generic.img.gz) . How Mute HDMI audio output (when using SPDIF)?

Same issue here, but with the latest stable version (CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2.0-Generic.img).
I have already tried going through the settings in Expert mode, as well as issuing via SSH:
echo "audio_off" > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/config
but didn’t have any luck.

My box needs the rev. a dtb and was upgraded to the latest stock firmware (905P0) before installing CoreELEC, should that make a difference.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the developers that did such an amazing work bringing CoreELEC to this box, despite all the initial tribulations.

It’s seems that Ethernet only works with speed of 100M in the latest version 9.2.0 or nightly 10.7?

Did you update your Android to 905P0 version?

Is the CE related to Android firmware? Should I update Android firmware to 905P0 to solve the Ethernet issue under CE?

Yep, ethernet issue is related with Android.
After updating it should work on gbit in CE

thanks, ethernet works on gbit now, but network reconnecting happens sometimes.

Hey guys,

I have a problem with HDR10+ movies on my Beelink GT King… they are played in SDR, the colors are completely washed, there is no contrast… looks terrible.

Is this a known issue?

Update to latest nightly

Okay I’m sorry, thanks for your help!

Do you have an approximative date for a fix in a stable version?

No, there is no ETA for next stable. Never was, never will.