[S922X-H] Bee-link GS-King X

What addon can I install on CoreElec to make a network share of my internal hard drives?

At present, is it better to use sharing on Android or on CoreElec? What advantages?

Thank you.

CE comes with SMB sharing built in. This is the most reliable and safest method of sharing.
CE has settings for the Server side SMB in the Coreelec settings addon, and this is where you set your version and passwords.
In general Kodi settings is the client SMB settings and this is where you set your supported version to match the server side.

Shoog

1 Like

I formatted 2 hard drives in NTFS which I filled with my media, then I inserted them in the TV box and I activated Samba in CoreElec. No worries, it worked. I was able to access my SMB share from another CoreElec and from Windows.

Then after a few hours it didnā€™t work anymore. I have a message telling me that the device refuses the connection, whether from a Windows PC or another TV box with CoreElec.

SSH works well though. I tried to edit the /run/samba/smb.conf file by replacing # local master = yes with local master = no, but this the SMB share still does not work and every time the device reboots the smb file .conf reverts to the original settings.

In the CoreElec interface, I tried to enable or disable password authentication or the minimum supported SMB protocol but it doesnā€™t change anything.

Anyone have any idea where my problem might come from?

Just a tought, ip adres the same?
Best to give player with coreelec a static ip

I have setup in my router (R7000) a reservation for my players ip adress

1 Like

You need to edit file /storage/.config/samba.conf.

1 Like

Static IP sounds like a good call. Set it on your router.

Shoog

1 Like

I think there must have been a bug. I reinstalled CoreELEC and it worked straight away. Thank you.

Yes, and it was squashed to death.

Anyone know how to view your HDD in the GS kings on a PC using a USB cable?

If you cannot find out how to do that directly on GS-King, youā€™ll have to take one drive out and connect it to a Sata port on a PC, or use a Sata to USB Adaper like this one with dual USB connector for sufficient power supply.

1 Like

Unmount both drives and use e2label to change name.

1 Like

Thanks but donā€™t understand how?

Yes before that Iā€™ll wait to see if anyone know how to connect it directly to the PC surely there must be way?

CoreELEC is a media center OS, itā€™s not really designed for managing storage.
You can do it over SSH via the command line, as vpeter has suggested, but there is no GUI way of doing it from CE. Maybe from Android, but Iā€™m not sure.
Connecting the drives to your PC, would be the simplest way for you to do it.

1 Like

If you open one SSH session to your device I can give you few commands to do the job.

1 Like

Donā€™t know which OS you can install on your GS-King, but I know that on Android you need root access to do that.
If you can install a Linux distribution then itā€™s done with SSH commands; possibly also with CoreElec as @vpeter suggests. He can walk you through necessary stepsā€¦

1 Like

Yes please, I have root and the android terminal app so I can try that, thanks

We can try, whatā€™s the steps, thanks

Thanks guys I did;

SSH into coreelec, use ntfslabel to change name as is was an NTFS drive.

Thanks for your input and suggestions couldnā€™t have done it without it.

Still want to know how to connect it to PC but I will endeavor and try and find out.

1 Like

If your just looking to transfee files on the hdd to and from your pc, try Filezilla on windows. Type in CEā€™s ip address and login with ā€˜rootā€™ and password is ā€˜coreelecā€™ then access the ā€˜mediaā€™ folder and your hdd is in there.

1 Like