[S922X-H] Bee-link GS-King X

Please try the GT King rev a dtb. When it works a new dtb in 9.2.4.2 will be added for GS King X, rev a.
It looks like Beelink have sent the first prototypes with SoC rev a instead of rev b.

Yes, the GT King rev A dtb indeed works. Thanks

edit: I’m able to boot with the rev A dtb from the gsking included in 9.2.4.2 too.

1 Like

I’m using an old Philips LCD tv for which the RGB 8-bit color scheme needs to be used (or the screen becomes blueish/greenish).

Portish helped me with that (with a Beelink GT King) by suggesting to add
echo rgb,8bit > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr
in the autostart.sh file.
It worked on the GT-King and on the GS-King as well.

Since I updated to firmware 905P0 and CoreELEC-9.2.4.2, it seems that the setting is somehow overwritten as the screen will get blueish/greenish from time to time (but not at boot) on my GS-King X.

Was something changed at CoreELEC regarding this ?

Some information:
CoreELEC:~ # dmesg | grep hdmitx | grep video
[ 0.000000] Kernel command line: init=/init console=ttyS0,115200 no_console_suspend earlycon=aml-uart,0xff803000 ramoops.pstore_en=1 ramoops.record_size=0x8000 ramoops.console_size=0x4000 otg_device=1 reboot_mode_android=normal logo=osd0,loaded,0x3d800000 vout=1080p60hz,enable panel_type=lcd_1 hdmitx=,444,8bit hdmimode=1080p60hz frac_rate_policy=1 hdmi_read_edid=1 cvbsmode=576cvbs osd_reverse=0 video_reverse=0 irq_check_en=0 androidboot.selinux=permissive androidboot.firstboot=0 jtag=disable androidboot.hardware=amlogic androidboot.serialno=922H0H1000068 mac=c4:4e:ac:b3:ab:7b androidboot.mac=c4:4e:ac:b3:ab:7b androidboot.rpmb_state=1 BOOT_IMAGE=kernel.img boot=LABEL=COREELEC disk=LABEL=STORAGE console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0 no_console_suspend hdmimode=1080p60hz logo=osd0,loaded,0x3d800000 frac_rate_policy=0 native_4k_gui=0 progress systemd.show_status=auto

CoreELEC:~ # cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr
rgb,8bit

I’m using the workaround described here:

It’s nice to see that besides a good SoC, good sound is also available (especially for retroELEC in coreELEC). And also the cooling has been thought of (which usually saves money).
The possibility to install HDDs internally to create a compact media centre that is also efficient is nice, as are the update intervals, even if you can’t see the Android interface anymore…

But there are also things that are still important to know. Is video transcoding supported under Emby/Plex/jellyfin server (coreELEC Docker or Andoid apk) ? Is it possible to wake up the “box” ?
What about the temperature of the HDDs ? …it looks as if the SoC is additionally heating up the HDDs…there is no airflow, the fan only cools the SoC board…
These are important questions, because otherwise even an “old” Intel Atom would be sufficient… smb share is no longer a big challenge even for a 20€ SoC…

So it’s been doing my head in for 3 months but where the hell is the button you need to press to get the box to reset to boot into coreelec? Can someone show me a picture or something?! Always wanted to try it but never managed to get it working

Long press the power button.Power menu comes and there you will change your os with the “system switch” option.
Check the link below.

Hi everyone,
I am new to CoreELEC and to CE with GS King-X. I am with the latest firmware (916P0) and I can boot to CE from Android by using the included uCard.
I’ve read different threads here, but I wasn’t able to clear some aspects about running CoreELEC with the GS King-X.

1. Since the GS King-X is not listed in the Download Helper, which version of img should I download for a new install? The generic img (CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2.5-Generic.img.gz) or the ones for GT-King X (same 922X soc): g12b_s922x_beelink_gt_king or g12b_s922x_beelink_gt_king_revb?
  2. Which .dtb file should I copy from the tree folder (and then rename) to the root folder?
  3. I would like to prepare a storage medium with the latest CoreELEC image using Rufus. Can I use a Pen Drive instead of the included uSD card? Or the GS King-X can only boot/switch os from a uSD card?
  4. In order to UPDATE an existing CoreELEC, the direction states:
    Copy the .tar file to the /storage/.update folder on your device.
    Is the /storage folder on the uSD Card? Or is it on the internal storage of the device?

Thank you in advance for helping

Hi,
I believe the generic NG image is the one you should use. The gs DTB is the correct one. If the standard one does not work, use the RevA version.
You can of course write the SD with the upstream version downloaded from the coreelec website.
Last, when an update is needed, on OTA will be made available. To manually update the box, just download the tar image and copy it using scp or samba in the update folder (smb) or the /storage/.update folder of your running coreelec os.

Hello all! This device is something I may be interested in. My Vero4k just died.: ( I have scrolled this thread but am unclear. Is it possible to installtointernal Coreelec to the Beelink? I do not want Android and prefer the more elegant setup of of the OS running on bare metal.
re: NAS. I have never run a NAS. Is it possible to use this function through Coreelec? Is there an addon for OpenMedia Vault or other is the inbuilt Beelink Android software only compatible for this?
Lastly, is it possible to format the SATA drives as EXT-4 and rsync over files from another external drive or will I need to connect the drives to my laptop somehow and do that?
Thanks!

So there is the ceemmc tool rather than the installtointernal command.
Bee-link GT King discussion at ([S922X] Bee-link GT King)
shows the ability to install to the emmc it appears. It is also an S922X - so given that and that Beelink as a whole is also apparently has support for the ceemmc tool, can I assume it will work??
Once I have Coreelec booted from a usb stick will it just be a matter of SSHing in and running the command ‘ceemc’ then following the script?
SSHing would be: sudo ssh unsername@IPaddress OR sudo ssh root@IPaddress?
Password = none or will I find one in the Coreelec settings? Is there a generic password?
Cheers!

Try to learn the basics.
There is no sudo command in CE
There is no Beelink support
Using ceemmc is on Your own risk

ssh root@IPaddress, password coreelec

Beelink IS officially supported in ceemmc.

Thank you! :pray:

But as usual be prepared if something goes wrong. Like how to reflash the Android firmware.

True - CE support.
But there is no support from Beelink.

Maybee we will read about bricked Beelink box next time

Could be. But things like this are always risky. To stay safe booting from uSD card is the only option. You got that anarchotaoist ?

I think it is obviously that there is no 100% guarantee. Or this should be emphasized?

How to do this -reflash Android Software?
I was hoping to do an adb pull and push to restore.
ADB and Fastboot do not work. No devices found.

Coreelec instruction at: How to use the Team CoreELEC ceemmc tool
say to use Amlogic Burncardmaker or the USB burning tool - both which seem to require Windows but I only have Linux.
I did find what appears to be a linux version of firmware installer:
GitHub - Stane1983/aml-linux-usb-burn: Linux version of Amlogic USB Burn Tool
http://openlinux.amlogic.com:8000/download/A113/Tool/flash-tool-v4.7/flash-tool/

I also found this tool: Burning Tools for Linux PC - Announcements - Khadas Community

Instructions for these are not too clear. Has anyone used either? Is there another tool or method available for Linux?
I also found what looks to be the required firmware:
https://beelink-my.sharepoint.com/personal/firmwareservice_beelink_onmicrosoft_com/_layouts/15/onedrive.aspx?originalPath=aHR0cHM6Ly9iZWVsaW5rLW15LnNoYXJlcG9pbnQuY29tLzpmOi9nL3BlcnNvbmFsL2Zpcm13YXJlc2VydmljZV9iZWVsaW5rX29ubWljcm9zb2Z0X2NvbS9FdF9mVFhJVXRjRkNsTFhnVTNrZ0R4NEJQclBOTVJ2ZTNGQ3FhQUhLZ1JHcFp3P3J0aW1lPVZISDA4MkZUMlVn&id=%2Fpersonal%2Ffirmwareservice_beelink_onmicrosoft_com%2FDocuments%2FFirmware%20and%20tutorials%2FBeelink%20Tv%20box%2FFirmware%2FGS-King%20X%2F917P0%2FUSB

HopefullyI will not require it!

In any case I have successfully SSHed into Coreelec but wanted to check about restore options before running the ceemmc tool and installing to the internal emmc.

Regarding versions: Corelec on the provided SD card came with 9.2.6 and did an automatic upgrade to 9.2,7.
The upgrade channel seems to have switched from the 9 series to 19.2. I am assuming this will require a fresh install to update to - yes?

Thanks.

Your post is not very clear about what you are trying to achieve. Does your device even boot to Android? I assume yes because it boots to CE.
You can update Android to latest version from Android itself. Or you can create SD card. Using Windows is preferred but maybe Linux can be used too.

Hello vpeter.
I am sorry my post is unclear. It is a continuation of the above previous posts - in which I state that I wish to install coreelec to the emmc.

Mitigation would be a good idea as you prudently suggested:

Yes, the device boots to Android. Yes, Corelec works from the manufacturer supplied SDcard.
I do not want Android -I want to overwrite it with Coreelec.
I was inquiring about Android rom restoration methods available that do not require a Windows system on the possibility that the installation of Coreelec with the ceemmc tool is unsuccessful and the device becoming unbootable.

Thank you for your reply.
I will post elsewhere on advice for Linux assistance if this is required.

For using Linux to restore Android you need to find some other tutorial. I’m sure you are not the first person need that.