Scraper stops every few entries

Yes, I use small sized µSD cards and don’t want to have the same thumbs on every card. Now I try to test, if it works with samba share instead of nfs

Or is there another possibility to use/configure shared thumbs?

From KODI wiki → I can confirm!

## 3 Special notes about path substitution for userdata files

Path substitution is not officially supported for settings files. It probably won’t hurt anything, but some things might not always work right depending on what you are substituting.

Thumbnails
Sharing the Thumbnails folder with Path Substitution is prone to problems, primarily because the Texture Cache consists of two interlinked data stores - the Thumbnails folder and the SQLite database Textures13.db. Sharing the SQLite Textures13.db between multiple clients is not supported under any circumstances due to the liklehood of database corruption.

Since sharing of the database is not realistically possible, attempts at sharing only the Thumbnails folder will either fail completely, or result in some artwork items never being displayed, or you may experience artwork being displayed but with higher or lower than expected image quality or even image corruption (a result of different clients overwriting previously cached artwork, as not all clients cache artwork at the same resolutions, or even use the same image formats).

If you must use Path Substitution to relocate (rather than share) your Thumbnails folder, by all means do so but only for individual clients and their associated Thumbnails folder. Do not share a single Thumbnails folder between multiple clients, as the Texture Cache is simply not designed to support this and you will experience problems.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.