I bought new Odroid N2+ to replace my old, and no longer supported C2 and I decided to rebuild the database to make a clean fresh start with the new hardware. As database I have chosen the official mariadb docker image in version 10.5.9, which already ran well before. The database user has been set up as follows
CREATE USER ‘kodi’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘password’;
GRANT ALL ON
kodi%.* TO ‘kodi’;
The following has been configured in advancedsettings.xml:
<videodatabase> <type>mysql</type> <host>192.168.0.9</host> <port>3306</port> <user>kodi</user> <pass>password</pass> <name>kodi_video</name> </videodatabase> <musicdatabase> <type>mysql</type> <host>192.168.0.9</host> <port>3306</port> <user>kodi</user> <pass>password</pass> <name>kodi_music</name> </musicdatabase>
The database is also set up after the first start of Kodi so I think everything is configured correctly.
Since I have created a file set (poster, fanart and nfo) for each video with MediaElch version 2.8.16, I select in the menu ‘Set content’ as information provider ‘Local information only’.
Now the scraper starts to fill the database, but not for long and the scraper stops. This happens every 1 to 10 entries. A regularity is not to be recognized. For example, if the scraper stops at movie 5, it could also stop at movie 3 or 8 after the next reinstallation. If the scraper does not run any more, the symbol with the percentage is still displayed.
I can recreate this behavior with:
It was always detected immediately after a reinstall without add-ons installed.
The same problem exists or also when I select ‘The Movie Database’ as scraper.
I have also installed MariaDB version 10.5 directly on my Synology NAS → Same problem.
There is no ERROR in the log files at this point, it just stops. I will gladly provide the kodi.log file, if desired.
Maybe someone here has experienced something similar and knows a solution.