Searching for a new box S905X2/S905X3 with dual boot

Of course I looked at that but it only works with the predefined remotes/vendors and if custom power codes are need then the config.ini needs to be edited and that looks more complex and possibly dangerous. Many of us are not very techie so editing a line or two in a file and upload via SSH is fine but anything more is probably not something we’re capable of.

So can the predefined vendor power codes be used in remote.cfg to wake a box? If so is there a list of these codes? There’s also the added complication for some where we use remote.conf and not meson. Yes I can use meson remote, although glitchy, but can I return to reomte.conf after and added the custom/vendor power button code? Perhaps leaving the meson remote files in place but also adding remote.conf but leaving out the power button code? Basically can both types of remote methods be active if certain functions are omitted in the other?

The crux of my idea is can a global-power-button-code be added to remote.cfg or remote.conf which is then added to the boxes bootloader via imject_bl301? Maybe some kind of remapping is needed and not possible without editing config.ini?

PatrickJB, I think you need to use one of the boxes from your provider. This will be hassle free.
Using any other box making to work is just too much for you.

1 Like

That would be the simple solution but what if we already have a box not supported? I’ve got a beelink remote but I couldn’t get it to wake my generic box if I set the inject blob to Beelink.

Not sure how I did it but it’s now working!!!

Sorry must have missed that, can’t remember everything!

Yes worth a look but as said I’m just going to hang back. Resurrected my Beelink Mini MX! It’s the second time it’s returned from the dead and it’s running on the last version of LE with the addition of a 40mm fan and is solid at 40c and seems really good so far, fingers crossed. Might have another go at running CE from SD and see what I think as last time I kept getting judder but now a fans installed it might be OK.

So I have the T95MAX+ running well, obviously on a CE ng build, but Wifi is terrible. The Beelink Mini Mx is looking good and the classic NEXBOX A95X seems fine, it’s on LE as well, but hasn’t been used much so not too sure about it’s overall performance. So I don’t feel the need to make a purchase just yet but was looking forward to the N2 but can’t wait 3 weeks.

The only concern is that prices might become inflated due to the slowdown in the supply chains so a mediocre box may be better than nothing! The A95MAX+ is good, and cheap, apart from the crap Wifi but that might be a software issue although I doubt it. So if anybody is running files locally the A95MAX+ is worth a punt but just forget the Wifi.

Just passing by and have a simple question relating to dual boot and rom allocation/partition.

So I have a 4GB RAM / 32GB ROM T95Max+ which has dual install of Coreelec. The box seem fine but isn’t used much although I’m thinking of getting another box the same but with a 64GB ROM. Now the larger ROM is only going to be of any use if I use Android and install apps. But is there a way to define what size the Android partition can be?

If I recall correctly, might go and check, most of the ROM is automatically allocated to Coreelec. Perhaps for dual boot this has been limited or can be limited.

Just reread some of the info about the CEEMMC tool and it doesn’t seem to say anything about partition size so perhaps for compatibility it’s not something that can be monkeyed with? Not an issue as I would probably only use android for the odd alternative to YouTube.

The storage is shared between android and CE so you don’t need to bother with that.

1 Like

OK
Strange that I’ve never read that anywhere but good info as it means the 64GB ROM is worth getting.

Thanks for the head-ups.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.