Slow down of Hyperion.ng

Does that mean we now have to wait for the hyperion team to fix their grabber? Sorry, don’t really understand the problem, thought It would be maybe fixed with the kernel patches.

Hyperion.ng already has the code - you can see it in this commit: https://github.com/hyperion-project/hyperion.ng/commit/cb7b5fa58865be165015e0bd65e8a09032b72c83

I’m not on the dev version of CE so I can’t test if it’s working/making any difference. We have to wait until the next version is released and then see if anythings changed.

The GE2D kernel patches have indeed been added but I’m not able to test the changes as I don’t use Hyperion.ng nor do I have the hardware for it, @danielfmo is helping us with it but any changes are added blindly.

I use legacy hyperion addon. Where can I download the .ng version?

I can test whatever you want, but please guide me.

I have arduino hardware and can test whatever but please instruct me what to test.

Just letting you guys know that I updated already to 8.95.0 and switched my grabber device in Hyperion.ng config from framebuffer (/dev/fb0) to /dev/ge2d and Hyperion.ng still works, so that’s a good start.

UPDATE - the slowdowns are still there :frowning: unless there’s something more that we have to change besides just what I mentioned above :frowning:

In logs i found:

[hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] (INFO) VPU mode
[hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] (ERROR) AMSTREAM_EXT_GET_CURRENT_VIDEOFRAME failed.
[hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] (WARNING) GE2D capture interface not available! try Amvideocap instead

I have ge2d in /dev

So slowdowns could be still there

The “/dev/ge2d” capture device works fine for me. I did not have enough time to test stability yet. Fingers crossed.

how you set it? i mean hyperion to use it, are you use other drivers pack or default one?

I installed hyperion.ng addon, opened the configuration page (boxip:8090) put “/dev/ge2d” into the device field on grabber HW page then saved config and restarted the addon.

Can you please double check the hyperion.ng logs?

I get the same issue as @skupi :

[hyperiond ComponentRegister] (INFO) Framegrabber: activated
 [hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] (ERROR) AMSTREAM_EXT_GET_CURRENT_VIDEOFRAME failed.
 [hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] (WARNING) GE2D capture interface not available! try Amvideocap instead
 [hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] (ERROR) Read of device failed: 11 - Resource temporarily unavailable
 [hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] (INFO) FB mode
 [hyperiond Core] (INFO) Unregister input source named 'AmLogic' from priority register
 [hyperiond AmLogic] (INFO) grabber change state to disabled
 [hyperiond ComponentRegister] (INFO) Framegrabber: off
 [hyperiond Core] (INFO) Register new input source named 'AmLogic' for priority channel '250'
 [hyperiond AmLogic] (INFO) grabber change state to enabled
 [hyperiond ComponentRegister] (INFO) Framegrabber: activated
 [hyperiond WEBSOCKET] (DEBUG) (WebSocketClient.cpp:194:sendClose()) send close: 1000 
 [hyperiond BLACKBORDER] (DEBUG) (BlackBorderDetector.cpp:26:calculateThreshold()) threshold set to 0.050000 (13)
 [hyperiond BLACKBORDER] (DEBUG) (BlackBorderProcessor.cpp:26:BlackBorderProcessor()) mode: default
 [hyperiond BLACKBORDER] (DEBUG) (ImageProcessor.cpp:62:setLedMappingType()) set led mapping to type 0
 [hyperiond WEBSOCKET] (DEBUG) (WebSocketClient.cpp:29:WebSocketClient()) New connection from ::ffff:192.168.0.100
 [hyperiond WEBSOCKET] (DEBUG) (JsonProcessor.cpp:1023:handleLoggingCommand()) log streaming activated for client ::ffff:192.168.0.100

It looks like when the ge2d isn’t available it fallbacks to framebuffer (fb0) hence there’s no change.

Is this thread of any use (really) to anyone ?

I’d treat it as an issue thread where we discuss possible solutions for the issue. There might not be any fix in here (so far), but I think that we should keep it.

OK, just getting a bit long (and boring) for those that might look here for answers :wink:

Strange, I cannot see the same error in my logs. Nothing about the GE2D interface either.
There is this line: [hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] (INFO) FB mode. I guess it means fallback to standard framebuffer.

Please keep open this topic, until the issue is concluded.

Are you sure that you’re using the right version of hyperion? hyperion.ng from CE repo?

I am getting the same log messages as @newkind.
I am definitely using hyperion.ng from CE repo.

I think so. Is my config incorrect?