Slow down of Hyperion.ng

In logs i found:

[hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] (INFO) VPU mode
[hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] (ERROR) AMSTREAM_EXT_GET_CURRENT_VIDEOFRAME failed.
[hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] (WARNING) GE2D capture interface not available! try Amvideocap instead

I have ge2d in /dev

So slowdowns could be still there

The “/dev/ge2d” capture device works fine for me. I did not have enough time to test stability yet. Fingers crossed.

how you set it? i mean hyperion to use it, are you use other drivers pack or default one?

I installed hyperion.ng addon, opened the configuration page (boxip:8090) put “/dev/ge2d” into the device field on grabber HW page then saved config and restarted the addon.

Can you please double check the hyperion.ng logs?

I get the same issue as @skupi :

[hyperiond ComponentRegister] (INFO) Framegrabber: activated
 [hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] (ERROR) AMSTREAM_EXT_GET_CURRENT_VIDEOFRAME failed.
 [hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] (WARNING) GE2D capture interface not available! try Amvideocap instead
 [hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] (ERROR) Read of device failed: 11 - Resource temporarily unavailable
 [hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] (INFO) FB mode
 [hyperiond Core] (INFO) Unregister input source named 'AmLogic' from priority register
 [hyperiond AmLogic] (INFO) grabber change state to disabled
 [hyperiond ComponentRegister] (INFO) Framegrabber: off
 [hyperiond Core] (INFO) Register new input source named 'AmLogic' for priority channel '250'
 [hyperiond AmLogic] (INFO) grabber change state to enabled
 [hyperiond ComponentRegister] (INFO) Framegrabber: activated
 [hyperiond WEBSOCKET] (DEBUG) (WebSocketClient.cpp:194:sendClose()) send close: 1000 
 [hyperiond BLACKBORDER] (DEBUG) (BlackBorderDetector.cpp:26:calculateThreshold()) threshold set to 0.050000 (13)
 [hyperiond BLACKBORDER] (DEBUG) (BlackBorderProcessor.cpp:26:BlackBorderProcessor()) mode: default
 [hyperiond BLACKBORDER] (DEBUG) (ImageProcessor.cpp:62:setLedMappingType()) set led mapping to type 0
 [hyperiond WEBSOCKET] (DEBUG) (WebSocketClient.cpp:29:WebSocketClient()) New connection from ::ffff:192.168.0.100
 [hyperiond WEBSOCKET] (DEBUG) (JsonProcessor.cpp:1023:handleLoggingCommand()) log streaming activated for client ::ffff:192.168.0.100

It looks like when the ge2d isn’t available it fallbacks to framebuffer (fb0) hence there’s no change.

Is this thread of any use (really) to anyone ?

I’d treat it as an issue thread where we discuss possible solutions for the issue. There might not be any fix in here (so far), but I think that we should keep it.

OK, just getting a bit long (and boring) for those that might look here for answers :wink:

Strange, I cannot see the same error in my logs. Nothing about the GE2D interface either.
There is this line: [hyperiond AMLOGICGRABBER] (INFO) FB mode. I guess it means fallback to standard framebuffer.

Please keep open this topic, until the issue is concluded.

Are you sure that you’re using the right version of hyperion? hyperion.ng from CE repo?

I am getting the same log messages as @newkind.
I am definitely using hyperion.ng from CE repo.

I think so. Is my config incorrect?

The “AMSTREAM_EXT_GET_CURRENT_VIDEOFRAME failed.” message only comes up, when you start a movie. Until that point I didn’t have any message about GE2D either.

Regardless, it does not work. The picture freezes after a while.

We identified an issue, and working on fixing it, hopefully it’ll fix GE2D.

Error show on movie playback cause it tries use amlogic grabber, first ge2d if cant find use amvidecocap. That way we still see slowdowns. On kodi menu hyperion use framegrabber.

Thanks for trying to get this to work. To everyone involved!

Any news or progress on getting GE2D fixed? :slight_smile:

Just in case: there is no need to have any hardware, setting “device” to “/dev/null” in the hyperion.config.json is enough to reproduce the lags. If you willing to try, i could provide a full config file for testing.