Hi, am trying to access root in corelec ( latest version) running on a me cool bb2 box , I want access bot adding and user data folders.
Using a mac , when I try to “connect to server” using the IP address in kodi system ini, I can only gain access as a guest , it asks me for a username and password for the server , I have tried various combinations of "username: root , password: coreelec ,using caps etc but I cant get in , when flossing the box , I gave it a name on modi’s first boot up but I haven’t inputted any log in details? I can see all the files in kodi on the box , on my mac as a guest but i need authorisation , could someone advise please ?
Am using the newly released latest version of CoreElec and.
Or make a new samba share.
Open the samba shares and look in Configfiles for the samba.conf.sample file.
Open it in a text editor and add the following:
[Kodi]
path = /storage/.kodi
available = yes
browsable = yes
public = yes
writable = yes
root preexec = mkdir -p /storage/.kodi
[Storage]
path = /storage
available = yes
browsable = yes
public = yes
writable = yes
root preexec = mkdir -p /storage
Save as samba.conf (not samba.conf.txt!).
Reboot.
You should have 2 new shares available - one pointing to the kodi folder, one to the whole storage partition.
Sorry thats maybe a bit too much for me , i am ok with using text editor and smb etc , "open samba shares " ?
on my mac ?
I am OK with using “terminal”
Copy the code i gave you to add to samba.conf.sample .
Then
SMB into your box. Open Configfiles Folder.
Open the samba.conf.sample file using text editor app (Open With Option Choose Text Edit App)
Then Paste the copied code i gave you to the samba.conf.sample file.
Save it as samba.conf
Reboot.
OK its beyond me , I appreciate you trying to help tx , Reading above , I am assuming that the “samba.conf.sample” file is on the box , unfortunately I can’t SMB into my box thats why I have posted the thread.
I am actually using SMB on the box to access my video libraries which are stored on hard drives on my mac .
All Done , thanks again , would never have figured that without your info.
Well Done.
Using MacOS inbuilt tools with CoreELEC makes everything so easy when you know how.
Been 2 yrs , hahaha , now got a new PC , running LibreELEC from a usb drive on it. Followed the above guide , but when I click “connect to server” on my mac . There is no “addons” folder in the list. The userdata folder is there, but I need access to the “addons” folder to add my own skin. Any advice would be appreciated and merry christmas all.
You might ask in there forum ?
Damn it sorry , my bad.
I’ll be back ,
gonna uninstall and in install CoreELEC
Libreelec runs on x86 so you are good. CE only runs on Amlogic platforms so will not work on your PC.
Shoog

