SMB root folder not accessible from Windows 10 on CE Nexus nightly builds

Hi,
I recently moved over to using CE-20 nightly builds to fix the crashing issues with InputStream Adaptive on Kodi Matrix. (Installed as single-boot with ceemmc).
Everything works fine except there seems to be a problem accessing the SMB root share from Windows 10.

If I try to access \ \COREELEC\ or \ \IP Address\ I get an error telling me that the network location is not available. The sub-folders, such as \ \COREELEC\downloads\ or \ \COREELEC\userdata\ all work fine - the problem only seems to affect the parent folder.

I temporarily went back to Matrix and the problem cleared so it’s only the Nexus builds that are affected. I’ve tried deleting the stored login credentials in Windows control panel, then rebooting, to no avail.

Any ideas?

1 Like

Known issue. I assume it will be fixed eventually.

Ah, OK, thanks for the quick answer.
I take it that means there’s nothing I can change in config files etc to fix it myself?

No, looks like something was changed in latest samba which behaves different.

More reading: [le11] samba: update to 4.16.0 by heitbaum · Pull Request #6241 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Is there no way I could map the folder to a new named share such as \ \COREELEC\rootfolder\ so that the subfolders appear like \ \COREELEC\rootfolder\downloads\ and so on?

Maybe you could make new share named rootfolder in samba.conf and set symbolic links to all folders you want to share. I don’t know if this would work - worth to try.

OK, I don’t know how to do that as I’m fairly new to Linux but I’ll google it, I’m a quick learner so it shouldn’t be too hard. Thanks very much for the advice.

(In case you’re wondering why I actually want access to that folder, its simply for convenience of navigation - I’d like to be able to browse between the sub-folders without having to manually enter the path each time. I’d also prefer to just have one shortcut on my Windows desktop and not one for each folder)

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.