[SOLVED] CoreELEC-S912.arm-8.99.1.1-S912 / CoreELEC-S912.arm-8.95.7-S912 ---> Black Screen on TV

Hi,

My mother tongue is french so sorry for my crap english.

I have an OTT box BM8PRO (https://www.entertainmentbox.com/latest-bm8-pro-tv-box-firmware-download-android-marshmallow-6-0/) and a SAMSUNG Q7F TV (2017 version) .

The original firmware of my BM8PRO is Android and all works fine on my SAMSUNG Q7F TV. Playing 1080p or 2160p videos works fine.

I have made a dual boot on my BM8PRO with CoreElect too.
I have tried CoreELEC-S912.arm-8.99.1.1-S912 and CoreELEC-S912.arm-8.95.7-S912 versions. All works fine on my computer monitor. Playing 1080p and 2160p videos works well.

But when i plug my BM8PRO on my Samsung Q7F TV i can look 1080p videos but when i want playing a 2160p video i have a black screen on KODI.

I have tried many setting on KODI but nothing change. Always black screen with 2160p videos on my Samsung TV.

What does not work well according to you ?
Hardware problem between my TV and CoreELec ?

Someone would have an idea and could help me ?

Thanks in advance :wink:

try this version:

Ok i try it and i be back for saying if its better.

Thx.

@boot2k3
Same.
Black screen on 2160p and no GUI return.

Here is a script that will help show more information about what is happening.

dispinfo2.sh

Use the following to get it on the device and make it executable.

wget https://discourse.coreelec.org/uploads/default/original/1X/a22d7f0fb8a08caa15a63dc8a5dad51c8befbf43.sh -O /storage/dispinfo2.sh
chmod 755 /storage/dispinfo2.sh

then it’s just a a matter of the following to run the script

/storage/dispinfo2.sh

This will collect display info and post it to a pastebin site, providing you will a url you can post here.

If you run the script while trying to play a video that results in a black screen it well help to figure out why it is happening.

In addition to the above, make sure that HDMI 2.0 is enabled on the TV, and that the HDMI cable is High Speed Premium Certified.

@TheCoolest
All works if i boot with my BM8PRO on Android … so all is good with HDMI port and cable.

That’s not an indication. I doubt Android does any sort of color depth or color space switching.

@cdu13a
@TheCoolest

I m so crap…

With the new version of cdu13a (CoreELEC-S912.arm-9.0-devel-1549211042-S912.img) AND another new HDMI cable i have finally images on 2160p videos.

Thanks a lot guys for your valuable support and your help :wink:

PS : i have try the script too and i have can see all the informations of my TV.