My euphoria on having this fixed was premature. The problem resurfaced when I added a second profile. The problems occurs on every version of CoreElec (including latest stable and several contemporary nightly builds). The problem occurs on every type of device I have (i.e., X92, T95Z Plus, and A95X). It has nothing to do with persistent data corruption (almost certainly, IMHO).
Here is the minimal set of steps to reproduce:
- Hard reset
- Disable CEC Adapter and Mouse support (optional simplification)
- Install SiLVO skin and switch to it; configure nothing except “Submenu Always Visible”
- Add a second profile, log off and log into the new profile.
- Disable CEC Adapter and Mouse support.
- Enable SiLVO skin and switch to it; configure nothing except “Submenu Always Visible”
- Reboot and log in … some menu text is always missing and always the same.
Now, to recover the missing text, simply log off and log in (switching skins does the trick but more effort).
Perhaps, boot corrupts the state or sets an unexpected state for the SiLVO skin (perhaps the language files?), but the state is corrected when switching skins?. Perhaps the skin is setting state properly on departure but failing to set the state on entry.
I’m unsure how to further isolate the problem. Any advice?