SSH cannot be enabled after installation

Hello @kostaman - first of all thank you for all the work you are doing to great product available for us! :slight_smile:

Recently I’ve been hit with this missing SSH folder issue on a new installation (9.2.2, mecool m8s pro+ box) - have you been able to identify the root cause since your post back in January?

I’ve not been back to this thread until now.

I’ve not had this happen on the last few fresh installs i’ve done.

I thought it was resolved.

Maybe a weird race condition?

Can you guys add an extra verification into the startup / SSH enabler script which checks for that folder (/storage/.cache/ssh) being successfully created, and if not, then retry creating it?

Will be added in next nightly build.

1 Like

THANK YOU! :slight_smile:

https://github.com/CoreELEC/CoreELEC/commit/86b62a78da3cc35a5aaaa9ef550cacb7dc0b29ef

I happened by here upon having the same issues enabled SSH on a new installation. I realized when I first booted the device I had no network connection set up until the kodi/coreelec screen had come up and the wizard talked about network setup. I then plugged an ethernet cable in and could not get SSH to work, despite having a valid IP from my DHCP server.

However, upon redoing my steps of installation and booting up with the network cable attached, all worked fine.

So, making sure you have a network cable attached may help alleviate this problem from occuring.