SSH command to test usb ssd write speed

Jst done a install on a new usb ssd,ive got it setup running coreelec,Anyone know the ssh command to test the write&read speed

1 Like

Linux hard disk write speed:

time dd if=/dev/zero of=/var/test bs=2k count=1000000

Linux hard disk read speed:

time dd if=/var/test of=/dev/null bs=2k

2202089c91639n1ni916ft

1 Like

Use hdparm program.

ran the test seems to a issue in the first test saying i’ve ran out of disk space ,it’s not showing the actual read &write speed of the ssd ,that’s what i want to know

Sorry, writing to the speed measurement will take up your disk space, which will cause you to run out of disk space

The hdparm command is a hard disk tool that can be used to evaluate the performance of a hard disk and control the parameter Settings of a hard disk.

For example, you can test the read speed of your hard disk with the following command:

hdparm -Tt /dev/sda

The above command displays the Cached Read Speed and Buffered Disk Read Speed of the hard disk.

1 Like

Thx bluey ran the test and this is what i got,in windows ssd benchmark it scores 550 read 350 write,so how is itsvspeed now,am i right in saying it only scored 279 read

USB 3.0 has theoretical max datarate of 5 Gbit/s (625 MByte/s) , netto datarate 400MBytes/s.
The second bottleneck is the bandwith the USB controller can use on the internal databus inside the SOC.
The third factor is CPU processing.
So 280MB/s isn’t that bad… don’t expect values of a Win PC

1 Like

still a improvement over the emc ,whether i notice it is another story,but appreciate the help buddy take care👍

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.