Stereo upmix

Hello everyone, I’m having a weird issue with Stereo upmixing from Stereo (when listening to music) to 5.1. Only 3 channels seem to work: front right, front center and rear left (3 channels are silent: LFE/subwoofer, front left and rear right). When listening to audio that has 6 channels (5.1), all channels work correctly (I tested with a few different test-audio files and videos using different codecs and all seems to be working fine).

My setup is as follows:

• VIM3PRO, using Omega 21 NIGHTLIE
  • USB DAC Khadas Tone board(2 channel)
  • HDMI DAC ESSENCE EVOLVE II-4K(8 channel)
  • 5X ACTIVE speaker

Edit: This have been addressed at Kodi forum too:Stereo Upmix working weirdly (no LFE, front left and rear right sound)

I do not know exactly when this issue started but at least a couple of months.

hi all, Thanks to coreelec team and other members for their time and dedication. I’m running coreelec on various devices, odroid N2, beelink S912, mecool S912, h96 mini S905w. As pointed out by many members, there were issues with multi channel playback by enabling stereo upmix option and playing video files encoded with 5.1 and 7.1 aac which has been fixed in Kodi 21.1 nightly. But still in my N2 , most of the times during 7.1 channel playback of a 2 channel audio file by stereo upmix option, only the front LCR speakers are engaged while my AVR displays 7.1 mutichannel in. I’ve to go to the audio settings, disable the stereo upmix option and then enable again to engage all my bed layer 7.1 speakers. Do anyone felt the same. This doesn’t happen with Kodi Leia in beelink and mecool. Haven’t tested in h96. Kodi does a great job by stereo upmix option by bringing the speakers alive, giving a tight, impactful bass than playing in 2.0 or 2.1 mode. Upmix by AVR is FLAT and DULL… unfortunately, very few people like multi-channel stereo which is why this issue was not addressed to for several months in the past. Can someone explain what Kodi does exactly in stereo upmix option. Is it some kind of digital signal processing involved? . Special thanks to coreelec team. Greetings to all.