Support for new revision of Tox3 in NE

You are totally confusing me, on what you are trying to do. That is the Android recovery screen that you get from Android.

Did you burn the “correct” firmware onto your device using the USB burning tool?? What ROM are you trying to install onto your TOX3 box?

That screen indicates that it can’t find an operating system.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Remove usb male to male

What happens when you
Reboot system now?
Loads Tox firmware
Or back to recovery?

Or hardboot/remove power supply
Plug back in.
Back to recovery?

If you have not tried this already
Of course

If only use CoreELEC
Maybe stay with Tox bootloader

I’m tired of you trying to help buddy. It’s really hard to read. My eyes hurts! :sob: Worst thing is you’re everywhere!

Not the first time I tried to flash a tvbox, I did it even in mask rom mode. What you see in that pic is no matter path I choose to do. The ABT is 3.1.8, the firmware is sbx_tox3_atv_114_7.

Tried with power plug first or after the connection of USB male from PC to box. Did long press or short press to reset. This is the only output I get.
The box isn’t bricked, the Android tablet version (TOX) is there after this flashing attempts.

After removing usb cable and rebooting is back to TOX Android. No issues with that.

Okay
So you are not stuck in recovery.
Thats good

Maybe try UBT 3.20
That is recommended by slimboxtv

Happy Testing

That is the correct “img” and should burn with that version of the burn tool.

Is the issue that your box is NOT connecting to your PC?

1 Like

You have to depress the “reset” button and keep it depressed as you connect your box to your Windows PC using the USB male to USB male cable. I will at least go to 3% before getting the “red” error bar at the bottom. If you are not getting that far, then your box is not connecting to the PC.

1 Like

I will grab a different cable if not change the pc where the Amlogic tool is installed. On this one I tried even the trick with digital driver signage canceled. :roll_eyes:

Make sure your volume is turned up on your PC. When you connect your box to your PC, it will make a sound, letting you know that the box and your PC are communicating.
Again, I have done this dozens if not hundreds of times in the last ten years, and this box is “picky”. Sometimes I will swap firmware’s 3 or 4 times in one day, just for testing.

1 Like

Did you succeed with another cable? I have another S905X4 box but exactly the same problem as you. I’m suspecting some usb chipsets might just not work. Did it ever work with an Amlogic box on the same windows installation on this computer

Not enough time today day job killing me softly. I remember flashing successful ATV and slimbox ATV on older S905… Iterations. Cable and SD cards… None of previous experience gave me such headaches. :roll_eyes: I revived dead bricked boxes with mask mode rom workaround.
I will test tomorrow some different cables and laptop pc.

For those having issues installing different firmware’s onto this TOX3 box, I made a video that may help.
The key is to use the power supply and making sure the drivers are installed.
It is difficult, but I have done worse… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Finally managed to flash slimbox ATV on TOX3. No idea what the issue was, after install / uninstall of v3.1.8, the beep from the pc was the sign of success.
@clarkss12 thanks a lot for your tutorial, but I managed to get the flashing done without the power plug connected.
Almost on the brink to give up, last try with a short cable (35 cm) did the trick. Tried also all the USB ports from the pc. :roll_eyes:
Weird box but impressive experience with the slimbox ATV ROM.
So, short version: v3. 1.8 installed, short otg cable, reset plug pressed until connecting the USB otg cable to the otg port and the flash went smoothly.
To boot from sd card with CE 20.1 ne Nightly I use again the reset button.
One last thing: internet speed in ATV is higher than on CE. Even with motorcom assembled. No big deal, still impressive speed on CE on both Lan and wifi.

Downloading large file to usb3 hdd plugged in to vontar goes up and down with speed. It can reach 60MB/s and suddenly drop to 9. Then it comes back to 40…

Hi @Portisch
I understand that and sorry for letting this pop up again. But I think there are some that make the television and TV box voltage-free (e.g. with a socket strip). Is there a possibility that in coreelec config (in NE version) a parameter would be added where a delay could be inserted for the coreelec boot process. E.g. 1-10s.
Just an idea. The real problem for me is that my TV box starts up as soon as it gets powered. Otherwise I could just wait 3 seconds until I switch on via the remote control. But I have no influence here.
Now I have the NG version 20.1 where apparently the HDMI driver query is not made. Here it works without display errors.

You can try on SSH: fw_setenv bootdelay [seconds].
So the bootloader pause your bootdelay and continue loading the kernel afterwards.
But it depends if the system does support it or not.

But this is overwritten every update. So when working you might create a autostart.sh script set this value in bootloader.

1 Like

Sounds great :slight_smile: I will try

Oh boy, it works. Thank you Portisch. I will also add it to the autostart script later. I already have one for another cause.
Cheers :beers:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.