T95 S1 - Which Device Tree?

Yes was worth a punt but if I knew the s905w had no deinterlacing wouldn’t have bought it. It’s OK if you want Android etc. Cheap and cheerful as they say but not fit for most.

Depends if you need deinterlace.

Yes and some people won’t miss deinterlacing so could be OK for them. I suspect it would run fine, probably pretty good, with CE. Runs pretty good from Android with the refresh fix but…
…you know, you get what you pay for.

Just for the record this box will be going back very soon, a day or two, so if anybody wants to figure it out for others please offer a fix (device tree etc) quick otherwise I won’t have the box to try things on. As said it’s fine but some will require the deinterlacing.

Your device is equipped with an MLC (L95B) Nand memory, this is operated with aml_nftl_dev driver, which is not part of CE-build. You have 3 options - use gxl_p212_xg_slowemmc.dtb, wait for CE-Developers to add aml_nftl driver, or quickly return your box :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll try that so we know but I will be sending it back as I need the deinterlacing.

No that doesn’t work so it’s currently not compatible. Don’t think there’s many of these boxes about just a batch that are being sold off cheap. They’re OK but not really worth anybody making any effort for. Basically I got stung but at least I can send it back as purchased through the jungle place. Yes and the nand/emmc is slow as…