I’m looking for a media player to be able to play film files from USB hard drives without errors.
- CoreELEC should run very well
- automatic resolution switching
- automatic framerate switching
- all frame rates without stuttering
- Codecs VC-1, VP9 support
- HDR to SDR very well
- no Dolby Vision, no Atmos
- no streaming (Netflix, Prime etc.)
A remote control with many buttons for playing the films would also be nice.
Two boxes are shortlisted:
TANIX TX3 Alice and Odroid C4
Both boxes have S905X3 and 4GB RAM.
I’m a noob in this technique. The parts for Odroid-C4 must be ordered and assembled individually. TANIX TX3 Alice, on the other hand, is a finished box. But here I fear maybe AndroidTV 10 again and then CoreELEC fails to install again.
Which of the two boxes would be better for my needs? Which box does CoreELEC run better with?
Thanks very much.