Tanix TX5 plus S905x3 4/64GB 1000Mbps lan

humm …
tried the toothpick method … led display say booting … screen stay black.

installed the terminal emulator apk and use the reboot update command , device is rebooting , few second after is display (on led display) boot … but nothing , screen stay black :-/ doh

Did you pick the right dtb and renamed it to dtb.img placing it in the root of the uSD card?

no , i m a stupide :frowning:

i must RTFM !!
for information using a usb stick drive only the left usb port is booting .
corelec is booted now, it s waiting on config screen , (just at this moment )

can t configure it , remote seems to be not working , curious .

Use USB keyboard to configure.
After this read how to configure the remote - pls use forum search

sorry .
i will take a look on the forum , before writing next time .

hi,
okay … i installed coreelec, with a usb keyboard , booting on 4gb sdcard
, it works pretty well! very good job !!!
very impressive ! a real linux mini distro , nice !

on the other hand kodi worries me, it can not read many videos (crash , hang , restart of videos ) , while they are opened by vlc or mpv?

where do i report “it works on this device”, thanks guys!

I need help :worried:

I’m using: sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dtb and everything works perfectly but:

I have the same TV box, Tanix TX5 Plus Deluxe Edition, but when I run CoreELEC on the led display (of the TV box) “boot” is always displayed and when I turn off the TV box with the shutdown button on Kodi or with “shutdown -h now” (ssh), CoreELEC turns off the TV but on the led display (of the TV box) it does not turn off but continues to display “boot” – and – if I turn on the TV the TV box starts automatically, showing the boot logo of the box and after the CoreELEC logo.

How can I turn off the TV box completely when I click the shutdown button on Kodi or with ‘shutdown -h now’ (ssh)?

@guigux & @Betatester, do you also have my same problem?

See if the guide on configuring the VFD can help.

I’ve never hard of the deluxe version of this box but perhaps you have one with an updated spec of some kind.

Unless you configure VFD

Your box will always show boot on the LED screen when powering OFF from CoreELEC.

No startup/shutdown problems here with the TaNiX TX5 Deluxe Edition. Works fine with the TaNiX remote. For the display:

Tanix_vfd.conf (1.2 KB)

Thanks for your help.

I used this vfd.conf: link_to_vfd.conf

We’re preparing coreElec firmware for TX5 Plus “Deluxe Edition”. Also emuElec.

I’ll share ASAP

2 Likes

Your account suggests that you are a tanix representative. Make sure to post all source code to your builds when posting links.
EmuElec includes libretro software which have Non-commercial licenses. We respect libretro licenses and ask that no vendor use it commercially.
Rather than posting and maintaining fork builds commercially please consider contributing directly through GitHub to our codebase.

2 Likes

Just bought it from Amazon.es.
Hope CE support for the box will be good :slight_smile:

Hi thanks for your message.

Tanix doesn’t plan to commercialize the box preloaded with CoreELEC or emuELEC, just want to help users by releasing a firmware that can be downloaded and flashed. Maybe a dual boot (or even triple boot).

Around 2-3 years ago we shared the source of the LCD display (TX3 mini) to the openElec community, so, I think we can share things if we do some modifications.

Let’s try to make it work at first.

1 Like

Sure but modifications apply to GPL license. We are happy to receive the changes cause it will be long term.

TaNiX did a good job with the TX3 Max firmware Dual boot between AliceUX and LibreELEC. I especially liked the way the dual boot routine was implemented, remembering the last boot choice and allowing to boot into either OS from either OS via the power menu.

CE already can use the reboot to eMMC option to reboot to Android, but lacks a companion app to reboot from Android into CE, nor does CE store the last boot option and therefore defaults to boot into CE).

Maybe this is something Team TaNiX and Team CoreELEC could work together on?

1 Like

Testing Tanix Tx5 plus deluxe 4/32

Finally got vfd working!!!
Whew lot of reading
None of the above files worked for me
Or any from link to VFD thread/discussion

Using latest nightly

This dtb
sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dtb

And from repository vfd/leiberman
This works on my box
/tanix-tx5-pro-vfd.conf