The Future: Odroid N2

I thought it was commonly known already that there is a widevine restriction.

Which is it if not L1? Without L1 no 1080 material from NF can be displayed on any device.

It is L3
This is Kodi and not the official app. On linux chrome you can’t get 1080p either in Netflix. IIRC it is done with a trick. But only because the restriction is not enforced that strictly on TV Shows and NF originals.

When it is properly enforced (like Amazon is doing these days) you get only 540p

Yeah, I’ve read about that restriction on Chrome and Firefox, but not on Edge.

The addon fakes to be Edge to get those resolutions.

My addon mimics to be Chrome, and widevine must be L1. If it is not L1 there is no way I could watch HBO-Go 1080p hardware decoded. With L3 I can get only SD material from HBO-Go.
When I check my login on HBO site this is what it displays:
hbogo

The splitter arrived, tested and works as expected. I have ordered the N2 from Odroid Uk.
Thanks for help.

1 Like

Is this issue on you to do list? I tested every night and develop build, so far the issue not fixed. I hope it will be fixed later

Yes it is. For now I have no idea how to fix this but we are still looking.

Thank you all.

Hi, can you please make again a kodi log? Just drop the advancedsettings.xml in Userdata. It will activate more advanced video logging. You will not see anything on screen :wink:
Please make a log with 60hz and 24hz when it is not working. I do have only 60hz here and it is working wiithout problems.

advancedsettings.xml (303 Bytes)

Please, would you be so kind and next time quote relevant text that you are referring to in your reply. It would be much easier to follow the conversation.
I looked at your posts and cannot see what is your issue. Thanx.

Looks relevant to me

I just don’t know what is all the talk about from his post, what issue?

He replied to Arthur. But Arthur did not reply directly to my message (scroll up)

I get that, and looked at @Arthur’s last reply:
“According to the specs of that device, yes, it should work.” which doesn’t tell me anything
I just see some issue that is not fixed yet :slight_smile:

Well I see this:

It’s easy for you, when you are one of the parties involved in conversation, but difficult for me that am only an outsider to try to understand what it’s all about, in a topic that is days long and has over 500 posts.

1 Like

the logfile is too large than 1MB, can not upload. how can I do?

I already provided debug log.