Trouble with SSH on new box

OK, so, I’ve been running CoreElec on a handful of generic X98q boxes on S905W2 chips with 2/16 ram/emmc specs, and it’s been great… no issues… It has been updated to Omega and is still fine - all services work, can SSH in, etc…

SO, I got another box to play with - this time, an M98Max with an S905Y4 chip running 4/32GB…

I initially tried to run it on Omega as well, and it loads and runs fine - BUT while on Omega, i cannot SSH in. This is on a bare, fresh install. with nothing installed. I then on a lark, tried it on Nexus, and it worked fine - SSH connected right away, and no issues. Went ahead and installed Nexus to eMMC, and then manually upgraded to Omega, and SSH stopped working again… when I connect, it takes the login just fine, but immediately disconnects… no errors. I have been hunting through posts in Google for this issue on ANY Linux flavor, and trying everything I found - all to no avail… I have tried this with Putty, mRemoteNG and Windows terminal SSH…

One other issue I am having with this new box that hasn’t made any sense to me yet - MOST of the time, when I either power cycle the box, or have to shut it down fully and power back on - it will boot loop 3-4 times on average - sometimes more sometimes less - before finally fully loading into Kodi… While boot looping, I know that it has launched the OpenVFD Service as the LCD lights up and reads CE21, but doesn’t change to the time until Kodi is fully loaded…

Anyone have any ideas on what I could check with this, or why SSH would work on the hardware with Nexus, but not Omega… ?

Please be aware that I am tech savvy, etc… but don’t have much experience with Linux shell/command line… so I’ll need goot info there… :smiley:

Thanks in advance…