TrueHD with Dolby Atmos 7.1 sound skipping (11Mbps audio bit rate)

Thanks @TheCoolest

Yes. That was the fix that I was referring to.

I am going to try and build a version of Coreelec today with the fix applied. Will let everyone know how I go.

2 Likes

Imma include this in my build and see if it regression tests correctly. As most of my 4kuhd blurays did work fine. They are from 2019-20 tho the newer ones might be problematic.

FreeGuy seems to be the best example, i wonder if theres another prominent one.

Zootopia around the 10 minute mark (9-11).

Think that I’ve managed to build Coreelec based on the 19.2 release but with the truehd fix backported. It took me a while as I’ve never built CE before so I was unfamiliar with GitHub too.

Unfortunately I have had time to test it yet. Will do so in the next 24 hours.

Basically I forked Coreelec and CE version of xbmc and Modified both of them. It should work. It’s been a good day learning experience.

3 Likes

Good news

I have compiled Kodi with the fix for high bitrate atmos successfully and used it in Coreelec.

Works perfectly.

Free Guy
Incredibles
Pirates of the Caribbean 5.

All play without any skips at all.

It’s a bit of a pain to get it working in Coreelec without reinstalling a new image. But i managed to do it. I didn’t want to ruin my old installation.

After building my fixed version I copied the Kodi.bin file to the storage/.kodi/system folder ( called it kodinew.bin). Then copied all the kodi.service startup scripts to storage/.config/system.d and in the kodi.service script changed to location of kodi.bin to my new file.

Starts up now to my fixed kodi. And all the files play perfectly.

By the look of things kodi are planning to backport the changes into matrix so hopefully it makes it into 19.3 and therefore into official Coreelec 19.3 and I can revert back to a standard install.

But importantly this looks like the issue is definitely fixed!!

5 Likes

Even better news:

CoreELEC 19.3-Matrix fixed the skips in Free Guy!
Did not try other titles but I assume they are also playing without skips.

Just upgraded to 19.3 and tried playing Frozen 2 which had many unwatchable scenes before due to the Dolby Atmos skips. Skips are gone now and the movie plays perfectly! I can’t tell you how happy I am about this fix! :grinning:

1 Like