Trying to connect Samsung soundbar over bluetooth on Odroid N2+

Hi everyone,

I’m having troubles connecting/pairing my Samsung hw-q930b soundbar over Bluetooth.
I have my Odroid connected to my beamer over HDMI and because there is no cable to the soundbar I wanted to send the audio over Bluetooth to the soundbar.

Hardware list:

• Odroid N2+ (CoreELEC installed on EMMC)
  • Samsung hw-q930b
  • Bluetooth ASUS USB-BT400

Software tested:

• CoreELEC (official): 20.2-Nexus
  • CoreELEC (nightly) 21.0-Omega_nightly_20230716

Debug log

ix.io/4GSb

Errors

• Pair
2023-09-20 10:15:32.972 T:3726    error <general>: ## CoreELEC Addon ## bluetooth::dbus_error_handler ## ERROR: (Authentication Canceled)
  • Connect
2023-09-20 10:15:37.410 T:3726    error <general>: ## CoreELEC Addon ## bluetooth::dbus_error_handler ## ERROR: (br-connection-refused)

I can connect my phone to the soundbar, so no issues there. I also tried to connect my Bluetooth Sony headset to Odroid and that is working. So, seems like there is something specific in the Odroid <-> Samsung soundbar connection that is not working.

Thinks I tried

• Tried nightly build
  • Tried with other devices
  • Tried to connect over ssh session with bluetoothctl
  • Banging my head against the wall multiple times

I also read on a forum that changin /etc/bluetooth/main.conf ControllerMode to “bredr”. But it seems that I can only open that file in read-only mode.

Any idea what the problem might be? Maybe I need a different Bluetooth doggle?
Also, if any more details are needed, let me know!

Thanks in advance!

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.