Trying to get 9.2.4.2 NG to working with M8S plus dvb

Hi

I am trying to get 9.2.4.2 NG to work with an m8splus. I tried the m8s plus dtv gxl_p212_1g.dtb and playback was pretty good and it fixed a lot of lag issues with the previous version.

I then tried booting with the gxl_p212_1g.dtb and I get no where. Is this the right dtb that contains the tuner device or is there another one?

None of us in team CE have this box so we cannot test behind the scenes.

It took us days/months to get the Mecool K1 Pro internal tuner to work using my box.

No time frame for possible fix is available.

Thank you for commenting, but perhaps the community know of someone who has done this. When I use the DTB that used to work from the oldg build gxl_p231_1g_m8s_dvb there is no video and there are frame buffer errros in the dmesg. I mean I can log in but no video.

Is there a way to build these dtbs? Is this mentioned in the forums somewhere?

There are a couple dtb issues that need to be fixed up for some of the GXL devices with the ng builds.
These will be looked into and fixed up where and when possible.

However I can’t say exactly when this will happen since at the moment since development is currently very slow, because most of the developers are currently occupied with real world stuff. I know a couple people are trying to take vacation time, a couple are dealing with trying to figure out getting kids back to school, with whatever added complications the pandemic have introduced to that, and just an assortment of various other real world stuff.

1 Like

I don’t mind looking at the DTB issues, I just wanted to know if there was any docs on how to compile them. Docs can even be the build scripts.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.