Tx92 box help

i just bought a new tx92-lp 3g/32g box. i used the q201-1g dtb. i works pretty great except ethernet speed is kinda slow im getting about 490Mb down and about 90Mb up. when i boot to android i get 900/900. i tried a couple different dtbs but got same speeds. any help would be great. thanks

0 Likes

How are you measuring the speed what protocol ? Are you using it as a server 490Mb down is fast enough even for the biggest bitrate HDR file.

0 Likes

im sure you are correct that it is fast enough. i was just trying to find out if this is a known issue or if maybe there was a work around to get full gigabit ethernet speed. thanks

0 Likes

forgot to say that i used speedtest.net from both android and coreelec

0 Likes

You used the command line version in CE and in android?

Ah I see there is an addon.

0 Likes

SSH into your box and run the following command in CE.

curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sivel/speedtest-cli/master/speedtest.py | python -

0 Likes

Using iperf (it’s part of the network-tools addon) is a much more accurate way of testing the network throughput of your box.
In addition, cheap Chinese Android boxes often use sub-par components that either require very specific drivers or non-standard configurations to work at full capacity, it’s almost impossible for us to get all available devices to work at their full network speed due to this variance.

0 Likes

Using iperf on my TX92 with CE 9.0.1 I’m getting over 900Mbps in both directions.

0 Likes

running that command gave me 750/350. more than good enough for me.
thanks for everyones help. i tried iperf but couldnt figure it out

0 Likes