Unable to disable/change splash screen since 9.2.2

It´s not a bug, it´s a feature.
Changing oemsplash.png screen was disabled by team CE

Ahh that is very unfortunate. I had my bootloader modded so it would display a simple Kodi logo, then i had my CoreELEC modded so it would also display the same simple logo so it would be a clean boot all the way through.
Anyway, it is what it is :man_shrugging:. I hope they’d let us change the bootlogo, i see no reason why they wouldnt. Branding maybe?

You can revert the change and compile Your own, or you just take it like it is

1 Like

I can’t see the point unless you are re-branding. It’s a 2 second splash screen. CoreELEC team build it, they deserve their own branding to be displayed.

4 Likes

It depends.
Some people are just “different” :slight_smile: I am sure rebranding are there also, but I personally take care with some love to boxes, and have splash related to the room, the same logo, but with text Kitchen/bedroom/living room :smiley: Dont shoot messenger, just sayin there are 10 kinds of people :slight_smile: Anyway understand the reason for that, and as it can be arguable (OS code underneath allowing that change) understand reason, and if it helps something, then good for all of us.

1 Like

Great update! I have more BlueTooth dongle now working!
BUT… oemsplash.png to change the boot screen is not working, :sweat_smile: any solution from anyone?

Revert the change and compile Your own.
Splashscreen was removed by devs

thanks for confirm!
it’s a pity that less customization we can do now
btw i like coreelec but not the boot screen :laughing:

I like to keep it clean and have a theme going, which is why i wanted to change the splash screen.

1 Like

OMG

Nobody will miss You

3 Likes

My hart weeps for you :disappointed_relieved:

Must be a hard life for you if you are not able to tolerate changes
:joy:

What message exactly? One image is visible for a few seconds per day? And the rest of the day you watch some content from nice system. Ignore this change and move on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Then return to openelec for your and our happiness.

1 Like

I perfectly can understand the devs for this step and I guess you will just have to deal with that decision. In my humble opinion there are only (very) few users who seem to have “problems” with not being able to change the splash screen.

1 Like

Go to github, search “busybox: only load splash from initramfs” revert the change and compile Your own.

He’s probably rebooting his box all the time to watch and enjoy his artistic achievement, so don’t be harsh with him :wink:

2 Likes

Two (2) out of 10300 on 9.2.2 as of now; hope it does not spread as Covid-19…

2 Likes

It amazes me that during a pandemic with a virus going around killing thousands of people that some people are vexed by not being able to change a boot logo that is displayed for a matter of seconds.

Seriously?

Customize Kodi to your heart’s content, we won’t ever stop that but when people are selling all in one CE setups then we want people to know where the software they are using comes from and that it is freely available, that is why we implemented this change and we imagine it is those sellers that are most hurt by this change.

We take user feedback on board when we make changes people are unhappy with like when we abandoned installtointernal and then brought it back and the same with amremote, but this is one change we won’t revert.

5 Likes

This is all someone had to say, and it’s a very logical reason. I was unaware that people were selling boxes with CoreELEC and not giving any credit.

The harsh tone taken by many senior members here was unwarranted.

Thank you for your time and effort, i love the software.