[Unofficial] moonlight-embedded

I know, but after it connected i cant set it for coreelec and it doesnt work in moonlight…
I have udev driver

kernel: input: Xbox Wireless Controller as /devices/platform/soc/fe080000.serial/tty/ttyS1/hci0/hci0:11/0005:
kernel: microsoft 0005:045E:02FD.0002: input,hidraw0: BLUETOOTH HID v9.03 Gamepad [Xbox Wireless Controller]
unknown: xpadneo udev: 0005:045E:02FD.0002
unknown: xpadneo udev: ok
(udev-worker)[26755]: event5: Process ‘/usr/bin/evrepeat -d 500 /dev/input/event5’ failed with exit code 1.

As I said, I’m using the hid-generic driver. Not xpadneo. Just disable the kernel module and retry.

oki so i disable hid_xpadneo in udev rules, it use hid_generic now but when iam setting gamepad for kodi some buttons are not recognize like back or analog up/down/right/left.

Now that it’s recognized and bound to the hid_generic driver do as I explained here once you start assigning the buttons starting with (A), then (B) etc. it will at some point ask you to move the available analog axis, like triggers and sticks. It’s not optimal, but if you want to use your controller to control kodi you’ll have to calibrate and assign all buttons manually to mimic a 360 (default) controller.

Subject: hid: add xpadneo driver 0.6.0

Its from may 2020, and the current version is 0.9.5

The xpadneo driver included in coreelec is 3 years out of date. I have to avoid it by putting my controller in switch mode, which loads hid_generic

Im going to ask them to updated it when the fix for the 8bitdo pro 2 gets done on their github. If they wont, im just going to include it myself and cusom build coreelec.

I started a request for the updated xpadneo driver

No response yet

While trying to use @TheNoor’s version, with the same settings (except for 1080p resolution and a lower bitrate) I get an error message when attempting to launch a game (it launches fine on my pc, but it won’t stream to luna) and it brings me back to the Luna menu. When I press the button to resume the stream, it gives me an error message saying moonlight-embedded crashed and asking me if I want to save a log, which I attached here. Trying some different setting just gives me a black screen.
The GFE version is the most recent (I had installed the one you specified, but it auto-updated), could this be the reason?

The device is Transpeed x4, with an s905x4, 4GB RAM, 1Gigabit. And running CoreELEC v20.1.
Thanks in advance, and sorry for this, but I am a noob. All help is appreciated.

Should I try using the version from CoreELEC repo? I had tried it before, but could also not get it to work.

Log:

codec_init amstream version : 2.0
EVIOCGRAB failed with error 16
Connecting to 192.168.1.205…
RTSP port: 48010
Initializing platform…done
Resolving host name…done
Initializing audio stream…done
Starting RTSP handshake…Audio port: 48000
Video port: 47998
Control port: 47999
done
Initializing control stream…done
Initializing video stream…done
Initializing input stream…done
Starting control stream…done
Starting video stream…VFM map: [00] default { decoder(0) amvideo}
done
Starting audio stream…done
Starting input stream…Received first audio packet after 0 ms
Initial audio resync period: 500 milliseconds
done
Server notified termination reason: 0x800e9403
Connection terminated with error: -104
Stopping input stream…done
Stopping audio stream…done
Stopping video stream…No video traffic was ever received from the host!
done
Stopping control stream…ENet peer is already disconnected
done
Cleaning up input stream…done
Cleaning up video stream…done
Cleaning up control stream…done
Cleaning up audio stream…done
Cleaning up platform…done

From the documentation:

// This error is passed if the stream ends due a frame conversion error.
// This is most commonly due to an incompatible
// desktop resolution and streaming resolution with HDR enabled.

Seems like you are trying to use HDR and you mismatched desktop resolutions or there is a different configuration issue. What server are you using? Maybe Sunshine can help you fix this issue. Otherwise try disabling HDR in Windows.

Disabling HDR both on windows and on Luna settings fixed it, so thank you very much.
I will now try using sunshine with HDR to test.

After the previous attempt (in which the gamestream worked after turning off HDR both on Luna and on Windows), further tries with the same settings return only a black screen which forces me to unplug the TV box.
While trying to figure it out, I discovered the gamestream only works when I turn HDR on and off again, and I have to do this every time I open Luna. Is there a simpler solution?

Yes, everything after GFE 3.26.0.160 either gives me weird frametimings resulting in stutter or other latency annoyances. You can keep upgrading your geforce drivers without any problem though. What I do to upgrade nvidia drivers without GFE is to grant the same folder “downloader” as I mentioned in my original walkthrough basic write permissions so GFE downloads a standalone graphics drivers update and extracts them in the “downloader” folder, but will be unable to start the installation executable. I then just copy the entire folder that’s called somethingdontremembersomething-extracted somewhere and execute it myself which only upgrades the driver.

I like GFE as a host service myself, but it’s really not a mainstream option anymore. Like smg04 said, sunshine is really getting to be the only option for mainstream use. Haven’t used it myself but i heard it’s on par with nvstream.

If you do want to downgrade GFE, it’s gonna be a hassle.

As for the black screen, could be anything. In your case with the HDR, either switch it on/off, or switch back and forward between displays using displayswitch.exe in a simple batch script (is what i use now). I’ve had these log entries from still having my screens in extended mode, using too high a bitrate, different link speeds, wrong codec being used etc.

Mind you, the launch scripts i made are really basic, i.e. it just executes the needed commands and creates a log (which i’ve actually also disabled here since it’ll just use up resources if everything is running fine) any small difference in your box could just cause the script to hang. For example the entries for reconnecting the USB hub to get USB mouse or keyboard running again is not something I used as i’m using bluetooth, so it’s not in the script

Anyway, I just built a new one yesterday, I’ll attach it here.

script.luna-1.2.1.152-then00r-Amlogic-ne.zip (2.7 MB)

Hey @smg04, been a while. I hope you are well?

Just unearthed my S905X box from storage. Did NVIDIA break something between updates for us? Same issue as others… Black screen and kicked back to KODI.

Could spend some time troubleshooting this, but wondered if you had gotten to the bottom of it?

On Matrix 19.5… Using your version: script.luna-1.1.0-matrix.130

Connect to 192.168.2.104...
RTSP port: 48010
Initializing platform...done
Resolving host name...done
Initializing audio stream...done
Starting RTSP handshake...Audio port: 48000
Video port: 47998
Control port: 47999
done
Initializing control stream...done
Initializing video stream...done
Initializing input stream...done
Starting control stream...done
codec_init amstream version : 2.0
Starting video stream...done
Starting audio stream...done
Starting input stream...Received first audio packet after 0 ms
Initial audio resync period: 500 milliseconds
done
Received first video packet after 0 ms
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
... [so many waits]
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Alsa error from writei: -11
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
... [so many waits]
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
... [so many waits]
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Reached consecutive drop limit
IDR frame request sent
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
... [so many waits]
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Connection is poor (it shouldn't be)
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
... [so many waits]
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
IDR frame request sent
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
... [so many waits]
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
IDR frame request sent
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
... [so many waits]
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
IDR frame request sent
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
... [so many waits]
Waiting for IDR frame
Waiting for IDR frame
IDR frame request sent
Terminating connection due to lack of a successful video frame
Your network connection isn't performing well. Reduce your video bitrate setting or try a faster connection.
Stopping input stream...done
Stopping audio stream...ENet wait interrupted
Control stream connection failed: -1
done
Stopping video stream...done
Stopping control stream...ENet peer acknowledged disconnection
done
Cleaning up input stream...done
Cleaning up video stream...done
Cleaning up control stream...done
Cleaning up audio stream...done
Cleaning up platform...done

Does this work on aarch64 CoreELEC Architecture?

Running moonlight via SSH just errors with:

-sh: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.luna/bin/moonlight: cannot execute: required file not found

For all with latest NE kodi 20 aarch64. I compiled luna with bin for aarch64. I also use latest moonlight-embeded 2.6.1 and moonlight-common. Still waiting for new drivers for controllers from coreelec team :slight_smile:

script.luna-1.2.1.152.zip (2.7 MB)

edit: for me work then00r lauch script

Thanks so much for this, looks to work pretty smoothly although the only thing that isn’t working for me is my Xbox Wireless (bluetooth) controller.

Is there anything special needed for that to work does anyone know?

EDIT:

I’ve got it working now, looked at the moonlight log and it said the controller was unknown along with the long ID, so I added it into the GameControllerDB.txt file with the same information as the other Xbox Wireless Controller that was already in that file.

The experience is quite laggy/latent though unfortunately on my Nokia 8010 box. I’d say holding start to enable mouse mode is unusable, but once I’ve loaded a game and disabled mouse mode the performance is a lot better, but quite a different experience to booting into stock Android and using Moonlight there.

Hello! Is there a version for Coreelec latest stable on S922?

Kodi 21.0 Omega

Kodi 20.2 Nexus

Upload the images that are named ng generic.

Hi I am on Coreelec Omega on Homatics R4k+. Iam getting only black screen when I am hitting quick play. No matter if I select desktop or Steam Big Picture… Any idea why?

New moonlight 2.6.2

for nexus 20NE
script.luna-1.2.1.152.20NE.zip (2.7 MB)
for omega 21NE
script.luna-1.2.1.152.21NE.zip (2.7 MB)

@Lipown choose then00r launchscript and try another audio in settings.

Could you please build this for amlogic S905 processors (Amlogic-ne)?
I have an Odroid C4 and I am not able to pair with the old version from TheNoor.
I would do it myself, but I don’t know how to crosscompile from x86 for this plattform.