[Unofficial] moonlight-embedded

The screen is showing the last frame of Kodi, it’s not black. I can see the Kodi interface etc but cannot control it with any input devices. This sounds promising!

Could you try running echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/blank while running moonlight? If it doesn’t fix the issue, could you run it when in Kodi menu (and not playing any video!) and see if the screen goes black? If it doesn’t, send dmesg after doing it.

Morning @smg04, sorry I didn’t get to run any of the commands above.

Although this morning I have tried running once I initated the moonlight session:

echo 1 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/blank

And the screen came back to life and all appears to work!

This is on 19.5-Matrix_rc1.

Cheers

Same here.

Edit: Tried adding that command to prescript.sh at the last line with and without sleep command but it doesn’t work this way for some reason.
I just decided to create another sd card for 19.3 and Luna 130, everything works great. Even played TR in HDR.

@Kaan, hopefully it’s something simple for @smg04 to fix. He’s done great work so for on this addon, especially getting surround sound functionality working. So I’m sure he can sort us out :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Kaan, just a heads up but my way around this at the moment is by making a shell script which runs the above command. I then just jump on with SSH from my phone and run it when using Moonlight.

Saves swapping SD cards etc.

I have no idea how to fix this right now. It shouldn’t happen and it doesn’t happen for me. Something is triggering the screen not to go blank (the command is run multiple times when launching moonlight). So for now, there’s no way to fix this, just run the command if your screen is black.

Cheers @smg04, I’ve also noticed that my Xbox Controller no longer allows control of Kodi when quiting Moonlight too, if i reboot then it comes back. Its as though the script isn’t running correctly or something?