[Unofficial] moonlight-embedded

@Portisch is it possible to update xpadneo in coreelec?

Maybe you are right, but how do I get a suitable version of moonlight-embedded for the SM1?
Could somebody compile and post it here?

Thanks! It working. Now the gamepad is not recognized by Luna. But I can control Kodi with it. Any suggestion please?

add your gampad to gamecontrollerdb.txt or install gamepad drivers on host

Ok will google how. I mapped the controller in Kodi but it does not workin on Luna

Also here my request, can someone please compile the latest moonlight client for Amlogic-NG? Kodi 20 woul be nice :slight_smile:

latest moonlight for 20NG
script.luna-1.2.1.152.20NG.zip (2.7 MB)
try it
here is 20NE
script.luna-1.2.1.152.20NE.zip (2.7 MB)

many thanks skupi <3

I have a ugoos am6 plus. When I start streaming the screen flickers momentarily and it remains on kodi in a frozen state until I quit streaming. Any ideas?

I used then00r launch script, same with the others.

Wow! Hi everybody!

I never realized this thread was still being visited so regularly. I wasnā€™t tracking it so I didnā€™t know or I wouldā€™ve resonded. Itā€™s been about a year since I last visited and since then I kind of drifted from here to the android client, to the qt client for windows and now back since the new kernel is on its way and nightlies are already being churned out.

That having being said, I havenā€™t been doing nothing with the embedded client. I still own a s905x4 (Vontar X4) and have always kept adding all sorts of lazy little automations to my builds. As it is now, Luna worksā€¦ with some caveats. I had last week off and compiled some updated addons for testing and included these little personal tweaks again. I also put some time and effort into sort of writing up the changes in the changelog and took a couple of tips and tricks from the, now outdated walkthrough, I once added to this thread. I added some new stuff and before I knew it, it became somewhat of a rough guide on moonlight-embedded as it is now. This ā€˜guideā€™ is now included in the .zip as well. As for Luna, I added a couple of things to make my life easier when using moonlight-embedded, which actually tries to circumvent Luna most of the time. I fixed some stuff in the main python code, added the regular stuff to my launchscript and made a new one called coreelec_then00r_ez that places a schortcut in your favorites and will just always stream the desktop right away, since this is what I found myself doing with Luna 99% of the time anyway. Pairing now works as its intended via the GUI if you follow the included guide (on my system anyway).

Of course, do keep in mind that the launchscripts are very much geared toward my personal user scenario. For example it stops and resumes librespot everytime it starts/stops streaming as i felt the server might interfere with correct packet timings. The new launchscript also switches to the correct audio device to enable surround sound on my s905x4, but who knows, it might work on your device too! It wil remember your original audio output device and restores it when finished. It also should work for both h265 and h264 now although h264@4k is still bugged. I mostly tried to make quickly initiating a stream as straightforward as possible without having to perform several actions before and after from within kodi everytime. This felt off-putting when I just wanted to quickly stream something. Last year, when using GFE/Sunshine together with moonlight-embedded, I could already stream 4k HEVC HDR @60Hz with 7.1 multichannel PCM sound. Doing this on the amlogic decoder is stil not perfectly smooth, but I dare say since Sunshineā€™s last couple of nightly builds and last weekā€™s release of moonlight-embedded itā€™s starting to feel like itā€™s getting there. I truly hope this project does somewhat of a ā€˜resurrection-no-jutsuā€™ and in the light of these promising developments may even improve with new Amlogic kernel that will be present in the new Amlogic-no CoreELEC builds.

I believe the original maintainer this repository is involved anymore, so I took the liberty of actually changing the version number to match moonlight-embedded and tried to make it a proper up to date addon again. I urge you to read the guide/changelog/original readme and let me know if it worked for you!

NE and NG builds below!

script.luna-2.7.0.23a5bf8-then00r-ne.zip (2.7 MB)
script.luna-2.7.0.23a5bf8-then00r-ng.zip (2.7 MB)

@TheNoor, thanks so much for sharing your latest build.

Iā€™ve just updated to it and something seems to be messed up with the pairing. I just simply get this error after I enter the pin into Sunshine:

ā€œFailed to pair to server: Failure when receiving data from the peerā€

Tried from SSH using moonlight pair as well but just the same.

Went into the options and reset all pairings too and just the same.

Any ideas?

Make sure youā€™re on the latest nightly build of Sunshine

@TheNoor, Forgot to mention that I did that as well but it made no difference.

Canā€™t really tell you, sounds like a networking issue. Iā€™m using the CoreELEC 20.4-Nexus_nightly_20240216 (Amlogic-ne.aarch64). Iā€™m guessing youā€™re on NG? I compiled for that device too but unfortunately am unable to test myself.

Iā€™ll try and do some more digging today, but networking all seems good as I can use Moonlight when rebooting into Android and also works OK using Moonlight on my Android TV.

Iā€™m using Kodi 21 Beta 3 NE - did this earlier in the week.

What android box do you have?

Nokia 8010 Streaming Box

Ah so s905x4 as well. Please try this build:

script.luna-2.7.0.23a5bf8-then00r-ne.zip (2.7 MB)

@TheNoor, Iā€™ve tried that but it is just the same Iā€™m afraid, wonder if it is something to do with CE21?

Thatā€™s what I figured as well, so that last file I just sent you was specifically built on CE21 beta 3. Iā€™m curious if other people experience the same issue.