Update from old Raybuntu Wetek Play2 Releases

Is it possible to tar update from the old Raybuntu releases (https://github.com/Raybuntu/LibreELEC.tv-archived/releases) for Wetek Play 2 or is a clean install necessary?

Better to backup then do fresh reinstall then restore backup

1 Like

What kind of backup is best suited?

Is copy and restore of the .kodi directory sufficient?

Did it get the the TVHeadend configuration as well (I remember this being a tedious task)

Go to the libreelec configuration, the backup is under system. It creates a tar file. If you are going to wipe the drive, store the tar file somewhere else.

I can’t remember if tvhead gets backed up, but you might need to install the addons again, & configure them.

For tvhead, I think I had to install the addon, then configure the ip address user & password.

But it didn’t take long.

Thank you for the answer, but I am not so sure about tvheadend configuration being easy. I remember at least building my channel list in the TVHeadend web frontend by providing numbers to the single channels was tedious.

I will google a bit about TVheadend configuration and backup.

I think this is a pretty good guide, http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=2476.msg20770#msg20770

I don’t seem to remember much to do after a restore. But I just let the tuner scan, I don’t remove any channels.

In the libreelec pvrtv section, you can set, get channels from backend etc

You can make your own bouquet for tvheadend and add it for use.
The file would have a structure something like this

#NAME   - -  Free To Air
#SERVICE 1:64:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:
#DESCRIPTION 28.2E -- Free To Air --
#DESCRIPTION -- BBC --

#SERVICE 1:0:19:1b1d:802:2:11a0000:0:0:0:
#DESCRIPTION BBC One HD

#SERVICE 1:0:19:1b1f:802:2:11a0000:0:0:0:
#DESCRIPTION BBC One NI HD

#SERVICE 1:0:19:1b1c:802:2:11a0000:0:0:0:
#DESCRIPTION BBC Two HD

#SERVICE 1:0:19:22e3:80d:2:11a0000:0:0:0:
#DESCRIPTION BBC Four HD

#SERVICE 1:0:19:1b29:802:2:11a0000:0:0:0:
#DESCRIPTION BBC RB HD

#SERVICE 1:0:1:18f6:7fd:2:11a0000:0:0:0:
#DESCRIPTION BBC RB1

In the Bouquets window you select Add and then put the path to the saved bouquet file into the External URL text entry box. I use

file:///storage/.kodi/userdata/Bouquets/06-bbc-213.tv

Also if you have already set up your tvheadend you can extract the info before backing up, and create a bouquet which you can test.
You can of course create multiple bouquets of your own and re-use them in multiple installs if you so wish.

This command should work to produce details for a bouquest, from an existing setup (replace $ADDY with the IP address of the tvheadend server)

No doubt there are better options, but the above worked for me.

EDIT: I made some changes to the command so now it provides the new bouquet as a direct copy including the order of the channels.

curl http://$ADDY:9981/api/channel/grid?limit=999 | sed 's|},{|}\n\n{|g' | sed 's|"name":|#DESCRIPTION |g' | sed 's|"icon":"picon://|#SERVICE |g' | cut -d ',' -f4,5,6 | sort -n -k2 -t :| sed '/./,$!d' | sed 's|.png||g' | sed 's|"||g' | sed 's|_|:|g' | awk -F, '{print $2" "$1" "$3}' | sed 's|#|\n#|g' | sed 's|number|\n"Channel No."|g' >> MyBouquet.tv

Not pretty, but it works :smiley:

Example Output:

"Number": 53
#DESCRIPTION "UTV HD"
#SERVICE 1:0:1:514A:810:2:11A0000:0:0:0:

"Number": 54
#DESCRIPTION "UTV+1"
#SERVICE 1:0:1:27F7:806:2:11A0000:0:0:0:

"Number": 55
#DESCRIPTION "ITV HD"
#SERVICE 1:0:1:5208:812:2:11A0000:0:0:0:

"Number": 56
#DESCRIPTION "ITV+1"
#SERVICE 1:0:1:2775:7FC:2:11A0000:0:0:0:

Thank you all for the hints, I will try at the weekend.

@kaiben
Take a look at my how to

I only configured tvheadend once with my wetek play 2. I use a backup of my channel list and channel group tags on all other devices.

@bylderup Thanks! A how to seems to be a good place for this information.

I tried the update today.

First I tried the steps from @bylderup’s howto. But without success. After initial configuration of CoreElec I restored the stuff under .kodi. But now the installation was broken and kodi started in secure modus after crashing several times, maybe I did something wrong.

Secondly I tried the build-in backup from Kodi settings (Libre/CoreElec). And it worked great! No configuration for TVHeadend was necessary, my channels are as before. Music database is as before, all plugins are there and are automatically be updated. I am impressed!

@kaiben

I´m sorry to hear that my steps from howto didn´t work.

I own 6 different devices with different LE an CE versions. My wetekplay 2 still has Raybuntus leia rb24 . Never had a broken installation.
Made an edit to the howto

Well - good thing is that Kodi backup worked for you !

@bylderup Presumably I did something wrong.

Just found one drawback, using Kodis backup mechanism coming from libreelec. The root password in the CoreELEC installation is also changed to libreelec.

If update does’t work, clean install will