Upgrade from LibreELEC to CoreELEC?

Hi,
I’m using LibreELEC 8.2.3.1 on S905X (1GB or 2GB) and installed to internal.
I would like to try to upgrade to CoreELEC 8.95.0.

• Is it possible ?
  • Is it possible to keep install on internal memory ?
  • Is it possible to keep my settings ?
  • And what is the best way to do that and upgrade ?
    Thank you !

download the .tar of coreELEC and chuck it in the update folder on the .smb share. reboot and job done.

Matt

Backup, Fresh install, Restore. Any other way you are asking for problems.

1 Like

That won’t work, upgrades from LE have not worked for some time now.

Best way is backup your settings, copy the backup to your desktop, install CE onto USB/SD, boot CE and run installtointernal, copy your backup back and restore it.

2 Likes

as i did a couple upgrades way back, my suggestion is to use the first CE release 8.90.0, after that then upgrade to latest 8.95.0. this worked for me, but just have a backup in case anything happened.

1 Like

Thank you !
I must backup from LibreELEC Configuration (System / Create System and Kodi Backup) ? There is no problem to restore system settings from LibreELEC to CoreELEC ?
And is it necessary to go to 8.90 then 8.95 ?
Thank you.

I think he is saying that maybe the update function might work from Libreelec to Coreelec by going first to 8.90, and then to 8.95. Maybe.

But as recommended by others, it’s better to save settings and instead do a clean install.

1 Like

@nd229 I think you’re right, sorry I didn’t understand :slight_smile:

I’ve had issues with restoring LE backups to CE . One i remember was SSH Password was LibreELEC . Some other settings were corrupted in CoreELEC settings as well.
Fresh CE Install and fresh Addons install is best in my opinion.

2 Likes

Thank you.
Another question : I have some similar boxes (S905X, 2GB, model X96 or Beelink or A95X). Is it possible to use the same SD card to install all boxes ?
I would like to create a SD, launch it on a S905X box, install my plugins, installtointernal then re-use this SD without recreate it.
Thank you !

Generally speaking, yes, you can use the same SD card on different boxes, as long as they don’t require a different DTB.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll look at this.
A last question : do you know if it’s possible to reboot from SD from LE interface or with a SSH command ?
Thank you !