Upgraded to 8.95.1 - Crashed into Safe Mode

Hi - As the title says, I installed LibreELEC way back before the CoreELEC fork on my Minix U9H.

Since then, I had migrated over to coreELEC (can’t remember which version), and had installed to internal on my Minix box. Everything worked fine, however my wife got me Shield for our main TV a few months ago, and I put the Minix aside (since my wife loves the chromecast capabilities of the Shield).

I recently got my daughter a TV, and I wanted to set up the minix box for her. I booted up CoreELEC, dropped the 8.95.1 into the upgrade folder, and rebooted, and everything seemed to go fine. I reset my kodi to defaults (ie I renamed the .kodi profile directory), and re-set up my minix box without problems. However, my minix box crashed (I assume it crashed, since it just rebooted on its own), and when it started back up, I was back on the default skin (with red tint) stating that I was in safemode, since Kodi kept crashing.

I thought that I had done something wrong with my installation, so from safemode, I renamed the .kodi profile directly (to .kodibak), as well as deleted the .kodi.FAILED directory, with the intention of starting fresh again.

However, after I rebooted, I was presented with the same screen once again (safe mode).

It stated to upload my crash log, as well as my kodi log, and post on the forums, so please see below:

Crash Log: http://ix.io/1khu
Kodi Log: http://ix.io/1khw

I searched the forums as well as google for ‘CoreELEC’ & ‘Safe Mode’, but didn’t get any hits, so hopefully I didn’t miss something obvious.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Migration from LibreELEC will cause issues. I have seen it on my previous upgrades.
Clean Install of CoreELEC is where you are at.

Should have mentioned that clean install was performed originally when I upgraded to CE from LE.

Not sure whats going on here but the errors are below

00:36:07.374 T:4089864208   ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window videolibrary
00:36:07.375 T:4089864208 WARNING: Label Formating: $VAR[GlobalFanartVar] is not defined
00:36:07.427 T:4089864208   ERROR: Control 1000 in window 13001 has been asked to focus, but it can't
00:36:22.011 T:4089864208   ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window videolibrary
00:36:22.011 T:4089864208 WARNING: Label Formating: $VAR[GlobalFanartVar] is not defined
00:36:22.060 T:4089864208   ERROR: Control 1000 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't
00:36:53.663 T:4089864208 WARNING: Label Formating: $VAR[GlobalFanartVar] is not defined
00:36:53.704 T:4089864208   ERROR: Control 1000 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't

theme issue possibly?

it should be a fresh profile (default everything), since I renamed the existing .kodi profile folder while in safe mode, and then deleted the .kodi.FAILED folder as well.

The other weird thing, is that when I try to re-install coreelec fresh following the instructions here:

After I get past the minix screen, I get an error that says something to the effect of “could not mount label=coreelec”, and that’s it.

I’ve tried 2 different usb sticks (one of which is the one that I originally installed both LE & CE onto the minix box).

::edit:: Well, I guess I had 2 bad usb sticks, since I just tried with an sd card, and CE re-installed fresh with no problem.

Due to the nature of the storage media, these type of devices can possibly fail at any time.Just because it worked last time doesn’t mean it will next time. :disappointed_relieved:

Yeah, seems using a different microsd card allowed me to install fresh. Thanks