USB Dac Coreelec integration

I understand now. I didn’t know you’d eliminated the AVR. I’ve retained mine but I use it less and less because I also run a gloriously good 1980s Luxman L2 integrated amp. N2s DAC connected to Luxman aux in and N2s Hdmi to Yamaha AVR. I can leave passthro on and the AVR will pass on video to my telly when in standby. Stereo will play thro either, multichannel only thro the AVR but, crucially, no output thro the N2s DAC so no horrible squalking noises.

Music thro the AVR isn’t anything to enthuse about and never has been. Thro the Luxman however…

Sorry for the diversion. I’ll stay out but will continue to watch this thread.

no diversion at all, i understand you quite well, its frustrating listening to musica via an avr, its just bad, my guess is that the N2 dac is objectively better on stereo than the avr dac, they generally sound all bad, and since you are used to the sound of an amp like the luxman you know this very well it just can’t compete, anyways tthere is a new multichannel usb dac on the market that is a beast pricey but a beast! take a look at the okto dac8 just out of curiosity!

the dac only supports pcm, still, with spdif and passthrough enable i have the same problem @TheCoolest the audio is bad af!, could it be a driver problem? since i dont have any problems via usb on another distros like volumio? what kind of commands can i throw via ssh to see whats happening on the audio signal path?
thank you for your patiente sir!

ps: just out of curiosity can coreelec pass DSD files or can only pass DSD over PCM?

I would like to ask, I think I will buy a USB DAC iFi Audio ZEN DAC https://ifi-audio.com/products/zen-dac/?fbclid=IwAR1vMGUhYEWNi4wzVvRGLwlwMRKtGAwEfcEyFS60XDrQ2aK2vlzh0Fqf7KI
for headphone listening and also from the RCA output to the stereo amplifier Xamaha A-s701. Will it work for me in CE via USB? I have Vontar X3 and the latest 9.2.5. stable. Thank you for your response. Or does anyone know of something better?

@ac3 i know that you don’t ask my opinion and it is always your choice but please take a look at the objective review of that dac. there are a ot of better options on that price tag.

Thanks for the reply, every opinion is good. I have read the discussion with the measurement a long time ago, of course the measurement cannot be fooled but it is interesting that there are many positive reviews of this device despite the negative results in the measurement. If I was sure it would work in CE, I would try it.

So I put on experts and ordered topping d10s, he has an excellent rating. And on Tempotec Sonata HD Pro Headphones. Thanks for advice.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.