UVC camera for coreelec?

Hello ppl.

Is there any way to connect your camera to coreelec and use it as a security camera? Is there a plugin for this?
Greetings.

Add-on:Surveillance Cameras

I would also enjoy having the ability to watch my IP cameras from within CE. However, I followed your link and I don’t see any “Surveillance Cameras” add-on to install (https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Surveillance_Cameras) ?? Is there a repository for it??
Thanks

It’s possible Kodi dropped support.

OK, thanks

How about docker + Homeassistant?
Running HomeAssistant on CE
Currently I’m running HA in docker mode and is able to access an IP camera fine.

in HA, it is also possible to install the MotionEye plugin, for example for recording recordings

UVC devices and other cameras that can be accessed remotely using ffmpeg can be used as input into the NextPVR server and played with pvr.nextpvr both available via the CoreElec repo.

For UVC first try v4l2-ctrl --list-device to make sure it shows up then find the h/w formats it supports v4l2-ctl --list-formats-ext /dev/video0 and use that as input to ffmpeg

ffmpeg -f v4l2 -framerate 25 -video_size 640x480 -i /dev/video0 -y coreelec.ts

Getting audio is more difficult art using and you will need to explore that but I would add a dummy audio source if I was feeding NextPVR since video only files are odd for PVR

Martin

I use IPTV Simple Client (pvr client).
I have the IP cameras listed in a file (.m3u or .m3u8) similar to this

#EXTM3U

#EXTINF:-1 tvh-chnum=“1”,Front Camera
rtsp://username:password@192.168.1.103

I can then select any of the cameras in the Kodi TV channel listing. They appear on the list with the name applied - “Front Camera” in above case.
I deliberately list the cameras at the top of the listing for convenience.

Thanks a lot for the help guys.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.