I’ve tried both versions of CoreELEC and I keep seeing a black screen no matter what I do.
- I’ve copid the
device_trees/to the root directory and renamed it
- I’ve then flashed the SD card using Etcher.
- When using the command
md5sumto check the MD5 checksum of both files (after
*.imgfile) then I can see its the same hash.
Then I’ve tried to switch on the TV box with the SD card inside it:
- I’ve tried to keep hitting the menu button of the remote controller (to see the Android recovery menu) and tried to boot again the TV box choosing this option from the Android recovery menu.
1.1 The box boots up again with the usual blue light (some other times the red light) and I see a black screen forever.
- I’opened the TV box plastic cover with a screw driver, then I’ve short-circuited the 2 pins at the bottom-right corner.
2.1 The box boots up again with the usual blue light (some other times the red light) and I see a black screen forever.
Slight warning sign: when
mount-ing the SD card (after I’ve flashed it and used it on the TV box) I don’t see the same MD5 hash anymore.
What am I doing wrong?
Is there a way to check some logs somewhere e.g.:
- using SSH to log into the TV box (I can not find the credentials username and password) for a vanilla installation of CoreELEC
- checking some logs in the recovery mode menu (I am not sure what to look for in there)
It seems to me I am doing something wrong because I see the same effect no matter the version of CoreELEC I am using or the procedure I am following.
I’ve tried these 2 different approaches because I’ve seen people mentioning these version issues and short-circuiting issues on various posts on this forum and similar blog posts on the internet. So far no luck
Also, on a different note: I was hoping to see some Markdown documentation on Github or perhaps a wiki here on the CoreELEC site, but there does not seem to be one. I could try to document the right procedure assuming I find it.