Video quality question

Hi,

I have been using an Odroid C2 (S905) with CoreELEC for a long time for watching H.245 and HEVC (non-HDR) content - mainly 720p/1080p on a 4K TV - for some time, and have been very happy with it.

It’s CoreELEC legacy now and I was wondering would I specifically see any video quality improvements upgrading to an Odroid C4 (S905X3) and the latest CoreELEC ng?

I am not concerned about the Kodi GUI being a little snappier, or more features with the lastest version of Kodi. It is video quality where I would like to see improvements, essentially S905 vs S905X3, or CoreELEC ng somehow getting more out of the S905X3, than S905 on CoreELEC legacy.

Thanks for any help!
KnightAzul

If setup correctly, the TV does the upscaling so theoretically, you won’t really notice a difference.

ALthough I am using 9.2.8, I am using both platforms S905 and S905X3, both is equally snappy and nice :slight_smile: But I admit my eyes could be a bit old, but I wouldnt expect video quality differences.

Hi,

Thanks for the input, good to know. I’ll keep with the Odroid C2 and legacy CoreELEC for now until the next big thing comes around the corner :grinning:

KnightAzul

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.