Visualizations?

Sorry for flogging a dead horse :slight_smile:

Shadertoys now work mostly sort of, some presets are better than others. BUT there is also a screensaver Shadertoys… and THOSE presets are much more awesome than the music visualization one.

I wonder if a clever person would be able to add the screensaver presets to the music visualization? If they are binarily compiled maybe it would be possible to create a differently named vis add-on?

It would be nice but, after almost two years of nada, it looks like there’s only me and you that like 'em, and I have no idea how to merge them. :sob:

3 Likes

I like them too and my search for projectM on CE lead me here!

Been hoping for projectM on CoreElec for years – ever since I first installed CoreElec. Amazing that my old XBMC setup on an original XBox had far better visualizations nearly 20 years ago. This would be a big improvement to the music listening experience on CoreElec – it’s actually the only reason I still dual-boot to Android + Kodi sometimes.

Consider this another request!

I’m pretty sure ProjectM works on ARM and GLES, since it’s included in the Android Kodi builds. I tried to work out how to build it using the build instructions, but ./scripts/create_addon visualization.projectm told me it didn’t exist, though it does exist in the source tree.

Lack of good music vis makes me sad :frowning:

visualizations now seem to work on nexus 20 nightly, yesterday repo was broken, but today it installed and is working for radio streams (goom, matrix and shadertoy).

I did some hacking on this the other day, worked out the CE build system, however there are some roadblocks for getting ProjectM to work:

1. ProjectM requires GLES3 and it looks like currently the CE build system only provides GLES2. This is probably solvable for most targets I think.
  2. The ProjectM 3.1.x build system is a total mess, requiring a lot of hackery to get it building. I gave up trying to get the pthreads compat stuff working after getting most of the rest of it to build. It looks like ProjectM have migrated everything to CMake for v4.0.0 which should make things drastically easier, so I’ll probably wait for the upstream visualization.projectm to migrate to v4.x before I try to tackle this again.
1 Like

Hi community,

So sad to see Projectm is not available on the official repos.

Is there any news if this will work on my Dune-hd Homatics R 4k plus?

Good news: visualization.projectm addon will be fixed in next few days. It was tested on CE21 NE and CE21 NO.

3 Likes

Addon is now available for CE21.

It is not supported for CE20 but if someone would like to try it out I can try to build it too.

3 Likes

I would like to try it on my X96_X4 v1.3, which has currently CE20.4 ng installed.

visualization.projectm-20.2.0.1-ng.zip

visualization.projectm-20.2.0.1-ne.zip

1 Like

Thanks, it works. I used it in radio plugin.

1 Like

your a legend! thanks so much.

Will this zip work on CoreELEC 20 amlogic-ne GENERIC image?

Uploaded NE version - link in post above.

1 Like