Vontar X4 problems after Android upgrade

I was running CE 20.5 NE on an OEM Android 11 from 2022 when I decided to upgrade to the OEM’s 2024 Android build. I got a “Missing partition ‘super’ on eMMC” message.

Looking through the forums, it appeared that I would need to re-install CE so I thought I might as well do it with the stable CE 21 NE image. It booted up to the GUI but I still got the missing partition message and networking stopped working.

The box has the JL2101 Gigabit Ethernet PHY and the HK5235F WLAN controller.

So I reinstalled 20.5 NE but am still getting the missing partition message

Is there a way to inspect the latest flashable Android image to figure out where the files that were in that partition might have moved to?

Or do I need to go back to the older Android for which I’ve fortunately saved a flashable image?

Thanks

I went back to the older Android, installed 22 NO nightly and everything seems to be working.