What instalation for x96x4

Good afternoon, I have some questions and I don’t know in which forum to post them, so here they go:
I have a x96 x4 (905x4) with 4g and 1000gb, until now it was with the “me” version and it worked great (thank you very much for the work you do). The issue is in the change from arm to aarch64, my device loads the kodi but does not play, checking I realized that the x96x4 was not compatible with the x64 orders. I thought … no problem, I install the “ng” and I continue enjoying it, but the network card does not recognize me, the wifi does, but for 4k it does not get the correct performance.
the stable version CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.arm-20.2-Nexus-Generic.img.gz is working fine for me, but I understand that sooner or later it will also migrate to aarch64.
I start looking at equipment? How can I make the lam work in “ng”? I stay with the stable and do not update again?
just for reading all of the above thank you very much everyone.

1 Like

Why do you think S905X4 (SC2 family) is not capable of 64bit code? This is definitely wrong.

Amlogic-ng: Kernel: arm64, User space: arm
Amlogic-ne: Kernel: arm64, User space: aarch64

The Kernel (-ng & -ne) was always 64bit, the only thing what will change is the “Userspace”, therefore you need to update/reinstall addons to match the architecture.

I suggest you start with a fresh installation of CE20-ne, not any update to existing installations

1 Like

Hello, I have carried out the test that @rho-bot told me, it installs correctly, I configure the minimum and when playing video it remains as if thinking, the video is being played behind Kodi with a black screen. it is the same as when i upgrade the “ne arm” to “ne aarch64”. The only thing that has changed is that before I thought I understood the ruling and now I don’t.

So CE is running, but when you startvideo playback, screen gets black?
Do you get Audio during playback?
If you stop playback, does the Kodi GUI come back?

This may be a bug, but in this case we need more info. Follow coreelec:ce_support [CoreELEC Wiki]
At least you should provide the exact CE version you installed, a logfile, and the kind of playback you started (video file local/network or stream, and the videoformat).

Thanks @rho-bot for answering, let’s see if I didn’t leave any information.
installed version: CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.aarch64-20.3-Nexus_nightly_20230816-Generic.img.gz
I install and boot on a (μ) SD card
Description of the problem:
when starting the playback, nothing seems to happen, the video or the audio does not come out, but it is playing under the kodi. No audio and black screen.

log:
http://ix.io/4DMD
http://ix.io/4DME

first update an existing installation, install from scratch, and no solution.

a video in case it helps

According to the log, you have default gui setting of 1080i60hz, which is strange, as default should be 1080p60hz.
Then you start a 4k video via SMB:

2023-08-17 17:39:08.553 T:1056     info <general>: [WHITELIST] Searching the whitelist for: width: 3840, height: 2160, fps: 59.940, 3D: false
2023-08-17 17:39:08.556 T:1056     info <general>: Display resolution ADJUST : 1920x1080 @ 59.94i - Full Screen (31) (weight: 0.000)
2023-08-17 17:39:08.564 T:1056     info <general>: VideoPlayer: OnLostDisplay received
2023-08-17 17:39:08.677 T:1056     info <general>: VideoPlayer: OnResetDisplay received

It seems this is no clean install, your video settings are screwed.

Very good, I continue with the tests, and I recreated the card and I have carried out tests, I have realized that the error is only when the acceleration is by HW, if it is by SW it can be seen without problems, I have disconnected the option of amcodec and play, but only speeding up by sw

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.