Where is the watched information stored

Hi all,

CE - 9.2.1 on Odroid N2

I store my TV Shows on a NAS and mount an NFS share via Kodi to /storage/tvshows. If for some reason communication to the NAS is lost all the TV Shows show up as Not Watched once the NAS is back online.

This is really annoying as you will have to go thru all the shows and try and remember which you have and have not watched. So my questions:

1. Should this be happening?
  2. Where is this information stored? Maybe I can back it up regularly to stop this happening.

Note: The same does not happen with Movies that are stored on the same NAS and also on a NFS share.

TIA

Greg

I use the WatchedList Addon set to periodically. Once a day it copies the ticks to a seperate database. If you restore the episodes it will put them back when it re scans. I save the database in a shared folder all my boxes use the same database so when I watch on one box it eventually updates the others as watched.

1 Like

That’s sounds like a great idea. What’s the name of this Addon’s database and where is it stored.

Thanks.

Kodi Stores the ticks in the VideoDatabase the problem is if you clean the database and the media isn’t attached you lose the records with the ticks.

The Watched list Database is stored @ \CoreElec\Userdata\addon_data\service.watchedlist by default although I store mine on my Server,

1 Like

the problem is if you clean the database and the media isn’t attached you lose the records with the ticks

Just checking you mean clean and not update. Because if it’s update it might be a good idea to disable “Update Library on Startup” in Settings | Media | Library.

If you do mean clean what triggers it and can it be stopped?

Thanks again.

I mean clean I dont know what triggered yours I have Library Auto Updater addon that cleans once a week.

1 Like

Can you please confirm I have this setup correctly? Thanks.

Yes those settings Look Fine

1 Like